PDA

View Full Version : Dash wiring problem, need help

Sharrie42
03-12-03, 06:29 PM
I have a nova and I want to replace the dash, just the dial unit not the whole dash, my nova is a standard mark 2 and the new dash is from a mark 1 SR with a rev counter.
I have the plugs from the back of the new one but not all the wires match up to the wires on the back of the standard one.
Have you any idea how I can get this dash wired in as no-one I've contacted has any idea as they all assume that the wires are going to match up colour for colour, which they don't.

Any ideas?

peester
03-12-03, 11:10 PM
wouldn't it have been easier to get mk2 instuments??

Sharrie42
04-12-03, 10:18 AM
it would have been easier yes but more expensive. i got the mk1 lockwood unit with white dials for free, i'm working on a very limited budget

Mark
04-12-03, 10:31 AM
It would be easier just to sell your mk1 clocks and buy a set of mk2 - I am pretty sure people like Ben sell a set of GSi clocks for around ?20....

ade
04-12-03, 10:52 AM
dont think thats an option - you need the connectot plug from the mk1 as the mk2 connector is different. You then need a haynes manual and then need to cut the mk2 conenctor off and wire in the mk1 connector cross referencing each pin to make surfe its the same (not necesarily the same colour)

its a faff but can be done

Ste_Nova
04-12-03, 11:12 AM
don't cut off... pop the connections out