PDA

View Full Version : Help Wiv install Needed

Relskee
02-12-03, 11:10 PM
I just bought a cheap bit of kit off someone on ebay, amp speakers n sub,but i aint got a clue bout wiring it,anyone no a decent website/article what i could look at to give me a basic idea of what goes where and what all this chanel stuff is all bout,Nice one

Paul
02-12-03, 11:23 PM
weel, what have youbought, that may help for a start. list all the stuff up, and some figures wud be nice...

Relskee
03-12-03, 02:42 AM
erm...
amp 400-sum michael schumacer one
sub 400- macaudio
speakers 250 -macaudio got 2 6x9s and 4 uva little ones

cheers

Paul
04-12-03, 11:27 AM
Right, dpending on what your amp channels, etc are do the following:

Run the Sub off the amp, the peak powers are equally matched so the two RMS should be pretty similar. Make sure the gain on the amp is no more than 3/4's.

Run one pair of the small speakers of the HU, put on some low pass filters ?10 from halfords, aka bass blockers. Run these from the front channel of th HU.

Then you either have a choice of bootin out dem uva small speakers or keeping them.

Option A, get rid of the other small speakers and run the 6x9s of the rear channels of the HU.

Option B, buy another amp, around 200watts peak power and run the 6x9s off here. nd run the other small speakers off of here.

I eill post a wiring diagram up on here later when i gt home.

Relskee
04-12-03, 02:29 PM
Ok well sorta understand , if i get unuva amp will tunes be sounding beter?I'm also looking to get one of them cassette player headunits with the cd boot changer deals off bassjunkies.com Can any1 recomened the best one, or is it best to buy the most expensive one lol, taking into consideration mostly listen to dnb,Cheers,
Nice one lashednova,top bloke 8)

nova massive
06-12-03, 01:47 AM
same ere got 2 12inch subs 2pionerr 6'9s and 2 pionerr 5inch for the dash
wot amp do i need to run the subs for under ?200 can b bridged.cheers

srs1
06-12-03, 01:35 PM
if your going to run the subs only off the amp, then look at the ratings of the speakers peak. roughly a third of that would be the peak rms amp out put. play it safe a quater. otherwise you'll blow your speakers. also look for a mono amp. this is a dedicated amp for low passive sounds (subs only) jbl have a good one for ?110 and kenwood have one for ?90 (you could a amp per sub.) not sure on power stats. look in the back of maxpower and those type mags for ice sales.