PDA

View Full Version : gear linkage

Dicko
02-12-03, 04:30 PM
iv been having problems with my linkage where i rev the engine lots and it wont go into the next gear for a few seconds. im guessing this is due to the amount of rocking the engine does after i let off the accelerator. iv already put uprated mounts on with no difference.
the linkage is off a nova but its an f15 box.
looking at the corsa linkage that came with the box there is little difference apart from the last part, which is angled down,then that connects to the rod going to the gear stick.
can i somehow use a corsa gearstick and use this linkage, or maybe change the last piece over so it fits what i have now? or will the angled section cuase it to not ling up?

Ste_Nova
02-12-03, 04:49 PM
cav type selector in car??

set the gears different... bias them to the engine in the tilted position

Dicko
02-12-03, 04:59 PM
:s

sounds like too much hard work :roll:

mowgli
04-12-03, 06:59 PM
are you sure the clutch is doing its thing correcxtly??
the gears should go in ok as long as the power is disconnected
what grade of gear oil are you using? a garage once put sae90 in mine, and it felt like stirring treacle. I replaced it with some 80 gear oil and it worked a lot better.

is your front engine mount ok? had one of them snap, that sent the gears a bit odd

novax
09-12-03, 11:18 PM
I know what you mean about the bent bit, but the quick-shifts you can buy dont bother with it. The bit that conects to the gearstick was changed from male to female on the later cars from the "P" chassis numbers on. All the other bits are the same so swap them over and give it a go if you like. I don't think it'll make to much difference though. We have the same male/female problems at the moment as well