PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed............

dan_mk1
02-12-03, 01:23 PM
How much the number of police on the road has increased since this whole mobile ban thing??
ive been pulled over 3 times in the space of half an hour on sunday night! :lol: :roll:

Dpnova
02-12-03, 01:27 PM
I havent noticed any change tbh

Austin_Nova16
02-12-03, 04:43 PM
I havn't driven yet wqhile the bans be active, but no doubt I'll be pulled over the w/e.

?Marty?
02-12-03, 05:40 PM
i'm all for it. some **** almost crashed into me, weaving all over the road trying to drive round a round about one handed in his big jeep thingy whilst talking on the mobile.

i'd cut his fuckin ears off if he had done. not that i'd be bothered about my car or anything, just pissed me off.

Stuart
02-12-03, 06:21 PM
so when do we get banned from changing gear, turning on vauxhall headlights, indicating, looking in the rear view mirrors etc ?

srs1
02-12-03, 06:47 PM
or more importantly.... do the police answer there cb's using telepathy (sp). cause aint that the same principle as answering your phone?
one rule for them and one for us!

tundoM
02-12-03, 06:57 PM
about the cbs, the passenger copper answers all calls on the radio :wink:

Jules
02-12-03, 07:05 PM
Only police car I saw today was one that had smacked a Volvo up the ar$e and was holding up the rush hour traffic in the town centre!! As I drove past I had a butchers at the damage to the front of the police Omega - Not too bad but the copper looked suitably embarassed!!
:lol:

sh0rty
02-12-03, 08:37 PM
about the cbs, the passenger copper answers all calls on the radio :wink:

what about if he's driving alone as a lot seem to do around here :?: :lol:

Nova-Flair
02-12-03, 10:13 PM
whos going to say anything to a copper if he does answer the cb when hes driving???

?Marty?
03-12-03, 01:32 AM
The cb's are attached to them, and they only have to press one button and speak.

The law IS wrong tho, as it's in breach of our basic human right to freedom of choice. As is various other legislation about seatblets and etc.

What's next as cambridge says? No talking to your passengers!?

pickle
03-12-03, 03:00 AM
the simple way to not get caught is keep your peepers out for those little piggies, and if u see one quickly say bye bye ad through your phone down.

Mark
03-12-03, 06:57 AM
No talking to your passengers!?

Oh God I wish :!: :lol:

Jim
03-12-03, 08:46 AM
I think this is a good law. It distracts the driver and you can notice when someone is on thier mobile phone a mile off. I don't have a problem with people using proper hands-free kits, but those people who text or use a normal mobile phone are a danger to other road users.

Think about what you lot are saying, I don't think you realise exactly how dangerous a car can be if you are not in total control!

Jim

dan_mk1
03-12-03, 09:15 AM
im all for the new law, i had some twat in a megane scenic swerving over two lanes on a dual carriageway because he was txting on his mobile! :evil:

i got pulled over again last night! :evil:
quite funny actually:
policeman:do you know what the speed limit is here?
me:yes, 40
policeman:how fast was you doing?
me:45
policeman:no! you was doing 50! the clocks on my car are calibrated (points to fiesta! :roll: )
you shouldnt be doing that fast, im not being funny but your car isnt modern like mine, it wont brake and handle as well as mine! ( :lol: )

done the usual checks blah blah blah

next time i get pulled over im taking names and station numbers :twisted:

Ste_Nova
03-12-03, 09:42 AM
if clocks are calibrated ask to see them cause they will be in 2.5mph or 1mph increments and will have certificat to show it

dan_mk1
03-12-03, 09:47 AM
ill remember that next time, i was kinda half asleep at the time, just wanted to get home, but had to stand in the pouring rain for 10 minutes with them fart arsing about!

ade
03-12-03, 10:16 AM
you ever tried drinking or eating whilst driving? Hands free auto answer mobiles arent a problem (although they are a problem) - its the donkeys who apply make up whilst driving or try to open a can of juice while driving with their knees or open a mars bar with the hand thats holding the wheel, whilst one ends in their mouth and the other hands on the gear stick!

:evil:

Almost got side swiped by an anus head who was all over the shop the other day - drifted whilst on phone

I was tempted to report him for dangerous ddriving - should have taken a pic as I had me camera at the time - but that would have meant letting go of the steering wheel!

:roll:

dan_mk1
03-12-03, 10:23 AM
lol @ anus head

iv seen a white van man on the motorway, on his mobile, trying to light a fag, with one leg up on the dash! :lol:

?Marty?
03-12-03, 04:18 PM
been on a bus with the driver trying to drive whilst using his mobile (by holding it to his ear).

Mark
04-12-03, 12:13 AM
As aposed to holding it to his stomach...lol :?:

Wiggie
05-12-03, 04:18 PM
:lol:

Ste_Nova
05-12-03, 04:22 PM
its the donkeys who apply make up whilst driving or try to open a can of juice while driving with their knees or open a mars bar with the hand thats holding the wheel, whilst one ends in their mouth and the other hands on the gear stick!

i have laptop and msn running while driving (if you can touch type its not too bad) and i was eating my dinner on the m56 last night :lol:

jkhilton
05-12-03, 04:24 PM
As aposed to holding it to his stomach...lol :?:

lmao :lol:

LregNovagsi
05-12-03, 04:26 PM
I pulled up at some traffic lights the other day, police car pulls up next to me, no belt on (don't know if they have to wear one) and the copper was talking on his mobile phone! Had to take a second glance to see if it really was a mobile but it was!

jkhilton
05-12-03, 04:31 PM
I was out with my dad the other night and we saw a police car drive past us with only one headlight and one tail light working. I got pulled for the same thing once and got one of those vehicle defect notes.

I bet the policeman didn't have to do anything!