PDA

View Full Version : more bass ??

nova m@rk
02-12-03, 12:23 PM
yo check dis ive got a 12 inch 600w kenwood sub havent had chance to wire it up yet cus i aint bought my amp but my question is there a best way to mount the box to get more bass cus my mates got a 1000w wiv the box lyin on the floor and theres hardley any bass my amp will be putting 300w in to the sub but i want people to feel me coming. :twisted:

Dpnova
02-12-03, 12:33 PM
Strap it to the side of your head :P Just secure it to the floor dont let it move around and face it away from the passengers, ie to back of the car, or face it upwards

srs1
02-12-03, 05:12 PM
as above. i use velcro to hold my box in place.

Ben3042
07-12-03, 03:19 AM
Im bolting my sub box to the floor so no theiving bastard can nick it :D

Evil ICE
12-12-03, 02:20 PM
In most cases it is best to fire a sub backwards towards the rear window. This isn't so much of an issue with ported boxes as the majority of the bass comes from the port instead.

If you can, angle the box slightly so the sub is facing the window. Its a bit of a lottery. Just try a load of different positions and se what you like best before bolting it down.

nova m@rk
14-12-03, 01:03 AM
yeh me & me mate ave tryed it wiv his sub and found this out but if u face the sub 2wards the front of the car when the car passes u its like u can hear the bass 4 ages

epo
14-12-03, 08:27 AM
some 1 on here once surgested puttin loft insulation inside the sub box 4 different bass

chenco
14-12-03, 05:25 PM
I think that was me. Apparently, if you make your box too small, putting loft insulation in it, has the same effect of making a bigger box. To do the reverse, just put some blocks of wood in it to make it smaller. Your mate's bass may have been rubbish because he had the wrong size box. Make sure yours is correct.

peester
14-12-03, 05:44 PM
when buying any good sub itll always say in instructions or paperwork with the correct or ideal volume size of box to put it in.

nova m@rk
15-12-03, 12:42 AM
nah i dont think the box was to small cus weve set it up now so its facing the boot door and it really fuckin shakes''!! another thing reading
mAX TOWER last nite it said that u should have 2 small subs if u listen 2 fast tunes as aposed 2 1 big sub is this rite the music i listen 2 is a bit of both...

Evil ICE
15-12-03, 03:58 PM
smaller subs keep music tight and punchy but the low end car rattling bass isn't as good. Larger subs are less responsive and are better for long low bass lines but can't keep up with the fast music of say trance and dance tracks.

Most people go for a mixture between the 2 and have 1 or 2 12's to give an all round performance. However in a correctly designed box you will get even a 10" sub to play low bass as well as being able to listen to fast paced tracks.

Its a case of playing with box designs to see what you like the sound of best.

epo
15-12-03, 10:02 PM
i had this prob 1 12" was struglin with the dance tunes so i put a 10" sub in sounds well gud but now am goin 4
2 10" and 1 12"