Dpnova
01-12-03, 10:44 PM
Anyone got know of anyplaces that could make up a carbon fibre bonnet,

numbers or websites would be of great help

Cheers

elsey197
01-12-03, 11:09 PM
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72679

have a look on this page, the bloke can get them made for ?430 :)

Dpnova
02-12-03, 08:05 AM
Cheers, ive got to get some of those door cards

Jim
02-12-03, 08:36 AM

They do look good. Wonder why he used the Standard Rear door cards as templates? Really, if your stripping out your car, you wouldn't have passengers in the back, so need need for the ashtray in the rear door cards :| Might have looked better if it was flat, rather than the shape of the original door cards :?

Jim

Dpnova
02-12-03, 08:39 AM
Have a word i was reading it and he said if more than 3 people ask for them he'll do it, im sure you could get 3 people off of here that would be willing :D

Dare-devil
02-12-03, 10:17 AM

They do look good. Wonder why he used the Standard Rear door cards as templates? Really, if your stripping out your car, you wouldn't have passengers in the back, so need need for the ashtray in the rear door cards :| Might have looked better if it was flat, rather than the shape of the original door cards :?

Jim

He also makes them in flat for the rear.. It stands in the text under the pic. :wink:

[quote] Flat full length rears are available for stripped out cars, 100? [quote]

elsey197
02-12-03, 03:35 PM
I like the mk2 dash binicle he does to go round the clocks :D

may have to get a mk2 dash 1st though :roll:

Dpnova
02-12-03, 03:38 PM
I didnt see that first time round, it is a must have

?Marty?
02-12-03, 05:49 PM
enquired about the binnacles a while ago.

they'd be better if he did the 'bit next to it' too.

and rear carbon fiber cards are useful for those that want to have a lether trim with carbon or etc, and carry passengers rather than strip it bare.

RJM25R
03-12-03, 08:28 AM
It takes months for gear off this guy to come. You have been warned!

djp_y2k
03-12-03, 11:32 AM
It takes months for gear off this guy to come. You have been warned!

That is what I heard, but Tonydry ordered some stuff off him about a month ago, and so I can gather he had it a few weeks later.

I asked the guy about the delays, he said it was down to the amount orders he had and didnt have time to get them all done in time.

Supposedly the quality is great to, and its a hell of alot cheaper.

Best bet is to speak to him and make sure he can get it to u for when u need it.

NovaNeil
03-12-03, 12:43 PM
His Names Simon,
I brought some doorcards and full length rear panels off him. Cost ?170, but he said 1-2weeks! 3 Months later after me threatening him with legal action they finally turned up!

Yes be warned!

?Marty?
03-12-03, 04:31 PM
The lesson is: do NOT pay the full ammount. Pay a deposit, with rest payable upon delivery.

Dpnova
03-12-03, 04:33 PM
Wouldnt you need to collect it really to do that cos hes not going to end a ?400 bonnet when youve only paid a deposit

tonydry
03-12-03, 06:49 PM
i ordered a few things off this guy door cards and some engine bits i got them in 3 weeks the guy dident cash my check until the stuff was in the post he replyed to every email i sent the same day and kept me informed on progress so maybe he was haveing some problems in the past ? all i can say is very happy the qulity is mint as well

Ben
03-12-03, 07:10 PM
my stuff took one week to arrive, great service.

dave.gsi
03-12-03, 09:35 PM
that dash binnacle looks gooood :D

NovaNeil
04-12-03, 12:40 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84355

He's got some new bits for sale. Have a look.

?Marty?
05-12-03, 01:16 AM
Wouldnt you need to collect it really to do that cos hes not going to send a ?400 bonnet when youve only paid a deposit

same principle applies to sending payment of ?400, before u receive anything.

But i would say that he seems like a good guy to do business with. repolied to all my enquiries promptly, and most have been more than impressed with his goods.

NovaNeil
05-12-03, 12:26 PM
He replied to all my enquires promptly to!!! It was after I gave him the money I had the problems........ :evil:

Still I got them eventually and they were pretty good.

djp_y2k
05-12-03, 08:11 PM
its obvious people have has there ups and downs with this guy.

I will be getting some bits off him soon as I think i have heard some good things about the quality of the products.