PDA

View Full Version : Admin Help

neilvx
01-12-03, 10:24 PM
Admin I need your help. I got banned for be silly but it got lifted as you can see etc. The problem I am getting is you banned me from my work pc and now my mates at work cant access the forum either.

I did email Kev from work but got no reply by the time I left. Can you check the settings etc and lift the block so I and my mates can access the forum from work again :D please

cheers.

neilvx
02-12-03, 10:20 PM
Can any one help me out here :cry:

neilvx
03-12-03, 07:22 AM
?? :(

Jim
03-12-03, 08:47 AM
I guess no one can help you out.

Jim

Ste_Nova
03-12-03, 09:38 AM
i'm re-applying for my admin...... so i can BAN you

Dpnova
03-12-03, 09:40 AM
i'm re-applying for my admin...... so i can BAN you

Lmfao :lol: :lol:

Fester
03-12-03, 10:47 AM
I guess no one can help you out.

Jim

pmsl!

Dicko
03-12-03, 10:58 AM
i think what he means is we set an IP ban and now he cant just go making a new account to start over again!!

im guessing hes using somebody elses connection atm to post this!

neilvx
03-12-03, 10:59 AM
I dont want to be banned again :wink:

I just want to get access from work :cry:

Will
03-12-03, 11:04 AM
me thinks ur ban isnt lifted, it was just a simple ip ban so u were banned from work and can still access from home cause of a difference in ip address, lol

email or pm the admin team on this is your best bet, most of them have real jobs as well as moderating the boards so wont reply until evenings unless they work in IT for example.

neway u shudnt be accessing it from work, thats naughty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

neilvx
03-12-03, 12:49 PM
They did lift it but then it came up as being banned again.

I have email all of the Admin team but have yet to get a responce. So I thought I would post a Thread and try and get some help :D

neilvx
03-12-03, 12:58 PM
I have just PM'ed Kev, Ian and Dan about :D

Will
03-12-03, 01:24 PM
thats nice

neilvx
03-12-03, 01:32 PM
thats nice

you cheeky git.

Dpnova
03-12-03, 01:33 PM
So one want to get banned again then :P

neilvx
03-12-03, 01:35 PM
not if I can help it lol

dangermousegsi
03-12-03, 01:46 PM
i see the rapid response service is fully up and running :wink: :lol:

Jim
03-12-03, 02:00 PM
FS, all you had to do was PM ONE of the Admin Team and wait. If you continue to post useless messages people will get bored and will not bother lifting the ban because they find it irratating.

As has already been mentioned, these people have full time jobs and spend what time they can in the evenings doing as much as they can.

Maybe there was justification in banning the IP address. Being able to access the site from another IP address does not mean the ban on you has been lifted.

Instead of carrying on writing replies like "anyone help?" "no" "hello, anyone here" etc, just wait until you get a reply!

Jim

neilvx
03-12-03, 02:33 PM
FS, all you had to do was PM ONE of the Admin Team and wait. If you continue to post useless messages people will get bored and will not bother lifting the ban because they find it irratating.

As has already been mentioned, these people have full time jobs and spend what time they can in the evenings doing as much as they can.

Maybe there was justification in banning the IP address. Being able to access the site from another IP address does not mean the ban on you has been lifted.

Instead of carrying on writing replies like "anyone help?" "no" "hello, anyone here" etc, just wait until you get a reply!

Jim

I cleared up all the mess with Admin and they lifted the Ban but there must have been a server update or something and it has defaulted back.

The first couple of replys were to just bump the thread so if any Admin logged in they would notice it etc.

I know alot of people that work on the Forum do have full time jobs and give up there spare time to help every one out on here.

Ste_Nova
03-12-03, 02:37 PM
unless they work in IT for example:

:lol:

dan_mk1
03-12-03, 02:44 PM
unless they work in IT for example:

:lol:

what you laughing at! its true! they should add to all IT job descriptions: "must be able to sit on arse for 90% of day surfing net"
(or is that just me :? :lol: )

Ste_Nova
03-12-03, 03:00 PM
lol 95% u mean?

Dpnova
03-12-03, 03:00 PM
Dan your not the only one, thats all i do aswell :D

dangermousegsi
03-12-03, 03:21 PM
thats all im doing :lol:

Ste_Nova
03-12-03, 03:23 PM
thats all im doing :lol:

don't you have any birds to perv at?

?Marty?
03-12-03, 04:06 PM
why not have a jostle (or two) under the table?

Mark
04-12-03, 12:11 AM
I have just PM'ed Kev, Ian and Dan about :D

Trust me, that won't help, it'll just piss 'em off!