PDA

View Full Version : 1.3SR MECHANICAL HELP NEEDED!

chrisk
01-12-03, 07:28 PM
Hi Guys I need help with a intimitant problem Im having with my Nova at the moment. When Im driving along doesnt matter what speed at all the car starts running really rough and there is no accelerator I then have to stop and once I have the car just cuts out and takes a bit of time to start again.

A couple of times now the car has started and just sits and about 100 revs and in the end took about 2minutes to go above 1000 with my foot glued to the floor..

Can anyone please shed some light on to what this might be or if anyone has had the same problem at all as its doing my head in!
Thanks
Chris

Topbuzz
01-12-03, 08:00 PM
If I remember rightly, my old Nova 1.3 SR was carb and used to do simailr things, especially at winter. Make sure there is no water or moisture in the top of the carb itself, clean up with rag if required. Also make sure the round air box is tight and not leaking air anywhere. also ensure its bolted down tight too, think there is a rubber ring at the bottom to sit on the carb correctly.

chrisk
01-12-03, 10:41 PM
Thanks alot I have a K&N butwill try the moisture in the carb and might go back to using the old big black box in the winter!

Dicko
01-12-03, 11:48 PM
if it happens when you 1st start off itl probl be wet leads/dizzy etc and not be runing on all 4 cylinders. if it still happens after driving for a while it might also be the carb icing over!!

id put the black box back on for winter!!

rgv_stu
02-12-03, 09:06 AM
if your still running a k+n its definately carb icing

next time it looses power just pull over , wait 3-4 mins without doing anything. turn the key and it will start straight away.

mines been doing it all the time, so i put a hot air feed bact to the airbox and its been pretty good since

chappers1.3
02-12-03, 03:05 PM
when mine did it, just put the old airbox on and it sorted it out for me.

chrisk
02-12-03, 06:08 PM
It seems to do it when the engine is relatively cold & also I was driving along for about 30 -40 minutes and it did it again! Its bloody annoying I tell ya that! I will take the air box off my other nova and stick it on and maybe run a hot air feed and give it ago and fingers crossed will be fine!
Cheers for your help on this....