PDA

View Full Version : I've bought the mintest nova eva!!!

red_devil
01-12-03, 06:49 PM
Wot would u think @ 26,000 miles on a G reg nova... (hmmm i can smell something.. cough Bull Sh*t)

But then on closer inspection i noticed that the 1 previous owner was a lady called Freda... mmmmm may be possible this then...

Then once i looked at the service manual.. the car had only been serviced twice.. Full Service history yeh right.... wots that it is full service history.. next service is 27,000 miles... and the previous 2 services where done at my work (Blakes Vauxhall Chesterfield)... then i noticed the the log book was the original u get when u buy the car brand new....

Its a 1.0 Merit 2dr Saloon and i've only bought it to keep me on the road while i really get the wide ass nova project on the way for the 2nd Generation...

U eva seen a minter 14 year old car... not me :)

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
01-12-03, 07:19 PM
Sounds like you got a minter, ive always liked the 2dr saloons get some pics up of it though, only 26,000 miles and 1 owner dam thats good i thought mine was with 66,000 miles and 3 owners lol.

Craig

Jim
01-12-03, 07:51 PM
Lets see some pics of the car. You say it's a minter, but to me a "minter" is a car with clean bodywork (no rust) a sound running engine, clean aswell, etc.

Good find on a low mileage Nova tho.

Jim

red_devil
01-12-03, 07:55 PM
The bodywork is absolutely mint... needed some slight welding on the inner wing as it was kept outside for a year.... i say minter as in its way way way better than most of the sheds that are kicking about and yes the engine hasn't even been run in coz its only done the shop run...

I was surprised how well it drove for a 1 litre

I'll get some pics up when i can but at the moment aint got my digi camera

dan_mk1
02-12-03, 11:02 AM
bet thats minter:

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109417

:lol:

Dpnova
02-12-03, 11:06 AM
bet thats minter:

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109417

:lol:

:o

Nova-Flair
02-12-03, 04:29 PM
:o only 66k craig? bloody hell mind you i always thought urs was well looked after

Ben
02-12-03, 04:48 PM
Was it made by trebor?

tundoM
02-12-03, 07:12 PM
someone I know has a nova (for sale) with 8k on the clock, G reg.....now before you all slate me, let me explain:
Previous owner was my mother's workmate's husband, and he died shortly after buying it brand new. it was then sold to a lad who took his theory test 10 times without passing and gave up but never actually drove the car. The car is grotty as feck but the engine must be mint! There's no rust just loads of mildew and outside dirt on it. Paints very faded though.

Phil_G
03-12-03, 09:11 PM
what engine is in this nova?

Phil

Stokie_Dave
08-12-03, 09:00 PM
Was it a white saloon by any chance? I saw one for 295, 27k on t'clock... was VERY tempted to go and buy it!

Rich Dale
09-12-03, 02:40 AM
Ey up Chris matey......it's Rich Dale......your Sister Amy's mate!

Well, you asked me the other week at bowling, if I ever used novaload, so here I am.

I'd not done for over a year (since owning the Cav), but talking to you the other day made me decide to pop back in! (plus the fact I own a Nova again!)

Nice to see some larger pics of the Nova......only saw the small one on your phone the other day....looks the dog's danglies!

There's one of my old Novas in the features section on here, although, it doesn't look like it did when I had it!
Have a look at www.novabug.co.uk and in features for my past Nova's.
My OLD site...not updated it for ages (and it shows, lol).

I'll have to come over and have a closer look at your Nova some time!