PDA

View Full Version : Tyre pressures

Zak16v
30-11-03, 07:33 PM
Hey, i have a nova with a 1.6 gte engine and it has been fully stripped out in the rear and it has a full 60mm gmax suspension kit on it.

Im running speedline alessio 2's with 205/45/16 yokohama a539 tyres, what pressures would you guys recommend front and rear for best handling?

Cheers!

CP
30-11-03, 09:45 PM
Really depends on what you feel you like. I have found that the manufactures recommended settings for most cars - ie 20's isnt the best for good handling in the dry - there is too much tyre wall give. I have been slowly upping mine (Toyo's) and I now run around 35 in the front and 30 at the rears. I would prolly come down about 5 psi in the wet. I'm prepared to sacrifice smoothness for less tyre roll

Zak16v
30-11-03, 10:12 PM
I'm prepared to sacrifice smoothness for less tyre roll

I hear ya mate, theres nothing more annoyin than sumbody who says "i stripped my car out, fitted buckets and lowered it 60 mm on sports suspension, it handles good but the ride is harsh :( "

lol

Dan
30-11-03, 10:40 PM
tbh i think its a personal preference thing, dependant on whether for track or road, i used billies at 30mm, removed front roll bar, poly bushes and full cage etc etc, autumn/winter i run 26/27 front and 25/6 rear and in summer run 29/30 front and 28 rear. Mine is an alrounder tbh but a few on here have commented on its handling. also dont forget your tyres choice will make a huge difference imo