PDA

View Full Version : Autronic will be been posted on monday

Rick Draper
29-11-03, 07:09 PM
Yup thats it i am getting it sent to me on monday, shud take around 4-5 working days to arrive and clear customs.

Just need to decide on turbos now as i have a exhaust manifold, someone has told me to go for a turbonetics T3/4 and after measuring up i recon i can get it in with about 2-3" of spare room :twisted: :twisted:

This is the little beauty:
http://www.key-ideas.com/T04eassy.jpg

Or i cud go for something like this:
http://www.extremepsi.com/x/image.php?productid=16399

And then there is TurboTechnics that have said go for one of there T38 hybreds but that was ?850+vat both the others are about ?1kish and the turbonetcis one will have ceramic blades etc ie top bollock. All will support my quest for monster bhp 2 :twisted: :twisted:

Hmm Decisions decisions :lol: :lol:

Rick

peester
29-11-03, 07:39 PM
this guys on another planet. you sound like you know whats best; im sure you'll do the right thing mate.

Nova-Flair
29-11-03, 07:47 PM
u won the lottery rick? :lol:

that first pic looks like a monster what kinda bhp u looking at with them?

jkhilton
29-11-03, 07:51 PM
Is this the management with the Antilag system or something???? so your car will sound like a rally monster, popping and banging and generally scaring the shit out of all the other road users? :D :D :D :twisted:

Rick Draper
29-11-03, 07:56 PM
Is this the management with the Antilag system or something???? so your car will sound like a rally monster, popping and banging and generally scaring the s**t out of all the other road users? :D :D :D :twisted:

Dont know what you mean Mr, Anti lag aint road legal :twisted: :twisted: This is going to be a fucking long expensive winter :lol: :lol: Rick

jkhilton
29-11-03, 07:59 PM
Is it really not road legal??? why? I dont really know how antilag works, I just remember them saying on one of the WRC progs that the banging and popping etc was caused by the antilag systems on the cars. Is it the level of noise etc that causes the issues????

Dicko
29-11-03, 08:41 PM
you would have it switchable really!!!

and im 99% sure it aint legal on the road or non-rally track due to massive amounts of noise :D

Stuart
29-11-03, 11:45 PM
ive consulted with mr dick raper and im going to sub contract the loom making to mr dickenson as hes the best option for a reliable product :)

Rick Draper
30-11-03, 12:10 AM
ive consulted with mr dick raper and im going to sub contract the loom making to mr dickenson as hes the best option for a reliable product :)

Mr Raper has since declined the use of sub contractors and has canceled the contract, subsequently open negotiations with D-H-T who are widley regarded the best at making custom crispy looms for corsa sports, they say a nova loom shud be a doddle :lol: Rick

Chris S
30-11-03, 02:31 AM
where did u get it from in the End rick? u go for the SM2?

Rick Draper
30-11-03, 02:35 PM
where did u get it from in the End rick? u go for the SM2?

Its coming from the US, yep i am going to be running SM2 but when i get it i will have no base map, need loads of sensors and other bits and have to spend ages wiring it in! The joy. Rick

Jules
30-11-03, 03:42 PM
Is it really not road legal??? why? I dont really know how antilag works, I just remember them saying on one of the WRC progs that the banging and popping etc was caused by the antilag systems on the cars. Is it the level of noise etc that causes the issues????

I once heard that anti-lag is the process of squirting fuel into the turbo for some reason or another? Anyone got any more info on what it is and why?
:?:

gromit4x4
30-11-03, 03:44 PM
I want a system like that but cant afford it, the issac hunt nova uses autronic that aint a slow car, how much am i lookin at and where can i get it.

cheers

beatin u
30-11-03, 04:38 PM
I was told anti lag burns petrol the turbo, but it wares the turbo out and if your spendin that much on a turbo.... :o

Whats the exhaust manifold from?????? is it the same as RDSs one????

looks like you'll have power to match the 'Firges' monster :D

Phil GTE
30-11-03, 06:31 PM
How about this turbo? (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2445699043&category=43120)

Nova-Flair
30-11-03, 06:54 PM
lmfao @ originally used on a 9ltr marine engine

Rick Draper
30-11-03, 06:54 PM
The manifold is the same as RDS's one, also as the turbo will have ceramic blades the issue of the turbo burning out is slightly less than a standard turbo but i am not to worried as i will only use the anti lag function very occasionally. Rick

benji
30-11-03, 07:05 PM
not to worried as i will only use the anti lag function very occasionally. Rick

famous last words :D

?Marty?
30-11-03, 07:46 PM
after all the big deal on ceramic blades, on some applications they arent as good as metal one's. On big BHP supras and etc, they 'replace' the ceramic turbos with steel bladed ones.

Rick Draper
30-11-03, 08:04 PM
after all the big deal on ceramic blades, on some applications they arent as good as metal one's. On big BHP supras and etc, they 'replace' the ceramic turbos with steel bladed ones.

But this aint a twin turbod supra :P And the highest top speed currently held by a FWD car in the Uk is Sunnys fiesta turbo and he runs a Ceramic Garrett so that is credentials enough for me. Also the ceramic Garretts spool up far faster. Rick

Stuart
30-11-03, 09:50 PM
still no news back from DHT for the loom then?

i guess your gonna have to take my subcontracted route with mr dickenson then muhaaa haa haaaaa

dan16v
30-11-03, 10:53 PM
wicked gunna be mad,

im just gunna go for it and do it the simple way! should be on autronic sm2 by march in time for the summer! full price inc fitting is ?2700 bargain! easy way to get into the 12's :lol: im gunna stick with the kkk for now tho! not that loaded!

elgan
30-11-03, 11:56 PM
anti lag is where a bit of juice gets spouted into the turbo, its either the pressure or the heat (cant remember) causes the petrol to explode so to speak which keeps the turbo spinning, so yes id imagine it would wear out ur utrbo quicker and make hell of a noise

Ste_Nova
01-12-03, 10:57 AM
anti lag keeps the turbo spinning without making bhp from the engine... timing is placed miles out hence the pops and bangs...

rick did u ever see james cossie with antilag at the thursday night meets.... sounded like someone was firing a gun from the car :lol:

Ste_Nova
01-12-03, 10:59 AM

agreeded :lol: