PDA

View Full Version : 1.4SR Wheel Size

nova_rally
28-11-03, 10:04 AM
Stupid question time:

what was the original wheel and tyre size on the 1.4SR? Mine has 14" Alloys on and I'm sure it's been rubbing at the back - Need to get it sorted out before I can rally it.

Alan

Ste_Nova
28-11-03, 10:55 AM
13" on the mk1 (14" optional 4.5" wide, later ones 5" wide)
14" on the mk2 5" wide for all

165 tyres on early ones
175 on later ones

nova_rally
29-11-03, 06:57 PM
Thanks! so what profile tyres should be on the 14"s? Mine are about 60 I think, havent been able to look properly for the marks on the tyres! (Its been dark every time I'm near the car!)

Alan

Ste_Nova
01-12-03, 10:11 AM
i run 185/60 14" on my 5" wide ones

nova_rally
03-12-03, 07:39 PM
Thanks, mine are 65s - hence the rubbing! Does your speedo read right? (well u know what I mean - read whatever a Novas meant to read!)

Going to be putting 185/60 Avons on it soon!

Alan

mowgli
04-12-03, 06:38 PM
grind the arches back if you are sticking 185/60's on std gm et49 (look on the rim centre)rims
might be a good idea to fit new bushes.

nova_rally
04-12-03, 07:53 PM
I would have ground them now as they look good on 65s, but as It's a rally car I'm not allowed to make any odifications to the arches. Going to put Proflex bushes all round - and get better antiroll bars (coz I'm not allowed to change springs, only the shocks)

Alan

Ste_Nova
05-12-03, 09:36 AM
I'm not allowed to make any odifications to the arches.

Alan

so rust them

Mark
05-12-03, 10:24 AM
I would have ground them now as they look good on 65s, but as It's a rally car I'm not allowed to make any odifications to the arches. Going to put Proflex bushes all round - and get better antiroll bars (coz I'm not allowed to change springs, only the shocks)

Alan

Err...What group or championship are you running?

nova_rally
05-12-03, 02:06 PM
Road Rally Standard Production Class.

Its much more fun when you beat everyone in a car thats still under Standard Production Class! :lol:

I'll be fitting 185/60 R14s soon, so that'll end the rubbing. It's not bad now - only slight rubbing, but if a scruitineer looks it'll be obvious that its not within the rules.

Putting the 60s on should get the speedo back to what its supposed to be as well! :wink:

Alan

nova_rally
07-12-03, 12:58 PM
Standard production Class - no point running in Open/Modified coz the Nova can never be made competitive enough.

Running In Road Rallies by the way, not Stage. Not in any championship - although the new ANCRO Nova/Corsa championship (for stage rallies though) looks pretty tempting.

Basic rules for standard production class cars are:

Bodywork must be original manufacturers profile (no bodykits etc).
Wheels must fit in unmodified wheel arch but the size etc is up to the crew.
All major interior trim must remain intact (back seats must stay).
Front seats may be replaced (eg bucket seats).
Steering wheel can be changed.
Aftermarket Air Filters can be used (K&N).
Only shock absorbers may be uprated, springs must be original.
Performance Exhausts can be fitted. (I think, not too sure on that! Had a Sportex back box on my old car anyhow!)
Engine must not be modified (other than the air filter).
Paintwork must be manufacturers original colour scheme, or if resprayed must be a single colour with no primer visible.

Hope that clears up a few things as to why I cant do much to my car!

My original rally car was a 1988 Mazda 121 1.3LX, also standard production class. Faster than the Nova and a lot more reliable, but at least I can have a roll cage in the Nova! :lol:

Alan