PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank problems!!

Jono r
27-11-03, 03:11 PM
I've got a 1.4SR and i cannot put any more than a tenners fuel in the car. The fuel overflows. this has been goin on for 2 months. Im almost 90% sure the tank isn't full. I was wonderin whether anyone else has experienced this and if it could be due to some sort of air block. When the fuel has overflowed and i can't get any more in, the guage (which i have replaced) says i only got half a tank.

Any ideas anyone???????????????????????

Dpnova
27-11-03, 03:25 PM
Run it till you run out off petrol then start again

Aragorn
27-11-03, 07:08 PM
well u should be getting at least 250miles to a tank

so attempt to drive 250miles and see what happens :P

Alex
27-11-03, 10:02 PM
sythen (spelling) it out to see how much comes out if you don't want to run it dry

Kruger
28-11-03, 01:36 PM
Try a new return valve, that sits in the inlet to the tank, at the bottom of the filler neck, was about ?7 from vauxhall and takes about 20 mins to fit, I had this problem with mine, the valve is like a ping pong ball inside a claw and allows the petrol to only flow into the tank rather than back up the filler neck and cutting out the pump when you refuel.

hope that helps.

Jono r
05-12-03, 07:56 PM
as it turns out, the sender unit was knackered even though i have replaced it twice. The gauge says i have no fuel but 70 miles later i'm still goin!! i ganna try another second hand sender if that done work i gonna have t spend ?60 on anew one.