PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts header tanks and chassis kits who would buy

a2lt16v
27-11-03, 10:36 AM
im currently designing chassis strengthening kits at a fraction of th eprice of the current ones on market, engine mounts, exhaust sheilds, and trying to come up with polished stainless steel header tanks. all being drawn up on CAD and will be lazer cut and cnc machned i have all this at work.. i have had to buy all the chassis kits and engine mount kits to start with so im bit skint at moment. i will be making them slightly different due to copyright if any one has any. i would think the front mount and appropriate spacers will be about 30 pound with choice of powder coating (color). header tank will probably be about 50, heat sheil about 8 pounds. strengthening kit about 40. can any of you guys think of other parts that you would like to see. gives me stuff to do at work instead of drawing th eventilation units im meant to be doing. i dont see why all these other companies should be selling engine mount kits for 115 when they cost not a lot to make

Will
27-11-03, 12:45 PM
header tank please

and heat sheild, any brake fluid tank possiblitys?

Ste_Nova
27-11-03, 12:56 PM
plate kit... what does it include?

will have to be high quality and pre bent to match the hh-ms kit

by mounts are we talking the 2.0 16v adaptor mounts or the motorsport rubber mounts?

a2lt16v
27-11-03, 12:58 PM
think a cover for the brake fluid resevoir would be better than trying to make the actual bottle as im not sure how it fastens to the master cylinder. washer bottle and cover for servo could also be made. getting some shaps of metal called alonod to bond on to underside of bonnet in the strengthening resess. has a mirror finish on it

a2lt16v
27-11-03, 01:00 PM
i have got a regal plate kit coming in post i have to simply get the sizes and send the drawings to the lazer cutter and hey presto the parts will come out then they get put into the bending macine and there done its all automated pretty much

ste i will make the first kit and send it to you free of charge and you can tell me what you think of the quality and if it all fitted on easy enough. im gonna fit y regal kit and if i have any probs with that i can change the drawings so it will fit. hopefully being a better kit

Breeny
27-11-03, 01:09 PM
Can you do custom made laser cut mirror finished stuff??

Would be interested in other spangly shiney bits too lol

Mark
27-11-03, 01:12 PM
I'm interested!

Ste_Nova
27-11-03, 01:46 PM
lol ur copying the regal kit... i wish u luck... why didn't you get the propper motorsport plate kit...

i bet the regal one has some of the plates deleted cause 'they' don't think 'you' need them

Ste_Nova
27-11-03, 01:51 PM
and if it all fitted on easy enough.

i've just fitted the hh-ms kit on mine... bends were perfect... plate kit is excelent quality

a2lt16v
27-11-03, 02:33 PM

i've just fitted the hh-ms kit on mine... bends were perfect... plate kit is excelent quality

what you want one for then if you already fitted a kit

a2lt16v
27-11-03, 02:36 PM
Can you do custom made laser cut mirror finished stuff??

Would be interested in other spangly shiney bits too lol

the mirror finish stuff is called alonod think it is chromium titainium plated aluminium.tis well shiny. can cut any shape and stamp lourves in and other shape gonna try get some of the simpler bits made first before i start getting too much tooling in as its not cheap

Will
27-11-03, 03:37 PM
ill have the first tank to use as the beta testing module ;)

Dpnova
27-11-03, 03:40 PM
Im interested in shiney stuff

a2lt16v
27-11-03, 03:49 PM
right will has claimed the first tank for testing purposes so he can keep me informed on any improvments. however as it is the first tank i may not have it polished or you might get a good freebie

Will
27-11-03, 03:53 PM
thats fine testing is most important, polish or not to be polish that is the qn.

let me know when things are in place drop me a pm or sumthing :)

a2lt16v
27-11-03, 03:58 PM
what sort of cap do you think would be good. a normal twist one or the quarter turn racing style ones

Ste_Nova
27-11-03, 04:12 PM

what you want one for then if you already fitted a kit

i don't, was just stating facts and asking questions

Ste_Nova
27-11-03, 04:13 PM
what sort of cap do you think would be good. a normal twist one or the quarter turn racing style ones

needs to be the same pressure rating as the standard nova cap

Will
27-11-03, 04:37 PM
either wud look good :)

peester
27-11-03, 06:35 PM
all of it sounds good. what you rekon you'll be doing the chassis strengthening kit for?

wrigleys
27-11-03, 08:44 PM
I'd have a header tank, shinny! :lol:

fearless
30-11-03, 11:05 AM
Anything else being 'given away' for testing purposes !!!

Rear engine conversion kit ???? :D

Ste_Nova
01-12-03, 10:21 AM
lol... u not dones yours yet dave?