PDA

View Full Version : got a standard mk1 meret e reg

mbr1.2i
26-11-03, 09:31 PM
i am now starting to get the reust out, ne sugetions on where u should atack with the krust and the pimer?
also what do u think the first ( nto to expensive) thing would be to do to get it looking a bit better??

ade
28-11-03, 11:31 PM
once rust fully removed, remove 1" aroiund rusted area to bare metal and paint krust on following instructions - pour a bit into a container - dont dip rust coated brush into bottle as it will catalise the entire batch!

Post some pics of the rusted areas - you may need to smooth over with filler, then seal and prime. E reg unless v lucky will probably have a fair bit round rear arches.

mbr1.2i
30-11-03, 09:30 PM
yeh i gota rebuild the rear bottom part of the rear arh like i had to on my j reg, there doesent seem to be too much maniley along hte bottom of door shut and the arch, started other week not allot i need to give a big go to luckley

srs1
30-11-03, 10:01 PM
also look at the battery tray, i've had two nova's and they both went there. rear archers, also look at the panel next to the petrol pipe (a lot of dirt gets stuck in there) your front inner wing also (if battrey tray is gone) the rest are places like your boot (every where in there, especially closest to the tail gate) then under the car.
front suspension mounts, by the engine mounts, by the rear springs.
there are loads but these are some from my old car. the rust held the car together.