PDA

View Full Version : New to Novas - need help!

nova_rally
26-11-03, 09:16 PM
ok, I've just bought a Nova 1.4SR for a rally car, downgrading from my Mazda 121 Rally Car.

Now then, as I have to drive it to college every day I need a decent sound system! Already have a Kenwood KDC-3024 Slot loading CD player head, and a pair of MegaVox MGX-442SR (200Watt, 4in dia.) speakers. (to replace the OEM 4inch 1s in the mazda)

Problem is the Head unit manual reckons that it shouldnt be fitted at more than 30 degrees from the horizontal, so I dunno where to fit it instead of the normal stereo position. what should I do? anybody use this head already?

What size are Nova speakers btw? Don't have the car at the moment to check!

Can Anyone help?

Thanks!

Alan

peester
26-11-03, 11:11 PM
don't think it should be a problem fitting the kenny unit into normal nova din slot. you sure it says 30 degrees max? thats a bit pants.

nova_rally
27-11-03, 08:23 AM
Yep 30 degrees. Seems a bit daft really - I mean what happens when you go up a hill!? :?

Might be getting a second Nova while the SR's off the road, so I'll play around with that....

Alan

KEEPITUNIQUE
10-12-03, 03:40 PM
JUST PUT IT IN AND SEE IF IT WORKS!
IF IT DONT THEN TAKE IT OUT AND SELL IT, AND USE THAT MONEY TO BUT A NEW 1! IF UR LOOKIN FOR A RALLY CAR THEN GO ALL OUT FOR A RALLY CAR!
IF UR LOOKIN FOR A CRUISING CAR THAT MAKES PEOPLE WALK INTO LAMP POSTS AND STREET SIGNS THEN GO FOR THAT.
DONT TRY AND MIX THE 2 OR ULL END UP WITH A CAR THATS OK FOR BOTH AND NOT AMAZING AT EITHER!

nova_rally
10-12-03, 07:23 PM
You obviously didnt see my old car - Lookjed good, sounded good and kicked some serious Nova GTE Ass when it was Rallied! :lol:

Only Rally car I know of with a CD Player though! Thats where it ends on the Nova - 2x200W 4in speakers mounted up front driven off the CD player, the rest is total rallying! (except the Red clock, thats just coz I like it!)
8)

Alan