PDA

View Full Version : pop up......bonnet

nova m@rk
26-11-03, 04:30 PM
is there a way of messin about with the bonnet relese thingy b cus ive jus bought some bonnet struts and want that as soon as i relese the bonnet that the struts pick the bonnet up

Jim
26-11-03, 07:15 PM
You'd have to machine the lip of the catch. This could be dangerous though. Extreme example, but you could be driving down the motorway and you've not shut your bonnet properly and up comes your bonnet :s

Jim

Ste_Nova
27-11-03, 04:21 PM
the struts ain't stong enough to lift the bonnet from the popped position

nova m@rk
27-11-03, 05:53 PM
bugger !!!!!! the bonnet blowing up didnt bother me cus ive got some bonnet pins so ive jus waisted my money on bloody bonet struts thats all i wanted them for.... :cry:

Jim
27-11-03, 06:40 PM
bugger !!!!!! the bonnet blowing up didnt bother me cus ive got some bonnet pins so ive jus waisted my money on bloody bonet struts thats all i wanted them for.... :cry:

If you have bonnet pins, aren't you going to have to get out of the car to remove them? Whilst out of the car, why can't you just lift the bonnet slightly as you remove the pins? ;)

I could understand the point if you were going into a show, and as you pulled up just popped the bonnet and it raised by itself as you were reversing into the spot, but since you have to get out of the car, you might as well just lift the bonnet up :)

Dont disregard the bonnet struts, they look much better than a normal bonnet strut, plus you can have the bonnet only half way up with bonnet struts.

Jim

Jules
27-11-03, 07:51 PM
the struts ain't stong enough to lift the bonnet from the popped position

Also if you did find struts strong enough to lift the bonnet then you'd probably bend your bonnet trying to close it!!!

ade
28-11-03, 11:27 PM
or break your jaw as it shot up catching you in the face!

:o

You want some kind of spring loaded counter weight mechanism like what you gh=et on fancy stereo systems

Now that would be cool.

Or an electric motor that with the push of a switch opens the bonnet like a garage door

pickle
29-11-03, 03:34 PM
or a garage door! :roll: