PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Fitting Probs

dikharvey
26-11-03, 09:15 AM
I just bought a back box for my 1.2 Nova but the connection to the centre piece of the exhaust is much larger on the back box than the centre pipe, is this because the back box was for a GTE?

Is it possible to buy the manifold and centre section for a GTE and use it on my 1.2?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Dicko
26-11-03, 11:21 AM
its probly notfor a 1.2. if you swap anything you will need to swap the entire system!!

dikharvey
26-11-03, 11:25 AM
OK.

So if i put a GTE Manifold, centre section and my GTE back box on there won't be any probs?

Ste_Nova
26-11-03, 11:27 AM
is it 2nd hand.... it may be a a performace backbox and need a reducer

dikharvey
26-11-03, 11:33 AM
No, its a sportex, brand new but bought second hand (if ya know what i mean?) It says Nova Hatch on the sticker on it.

dikharvey
26-11-03, 01:02 PM
Does anyone have a GTE Exhast for sale? Dont want the backbox just the others.

I have just been on the phone to an exhaust supplier and aparantly there are only 3 sections?

1. Manifold/Down pipe
2. Center Piece
3. Backbox

Is this correct?

My 1.2 Has a seperate monifold and downpipe?

dave.gsi
26-11-03, 02:06 PM
it wont fit onto a gte system either.

when i bought my sportex i was gonna put just the backbox on untill i got time to do the rest of the system, but it was well too big for the gsi pipe.

you either have to get a reducer pipe or get the rest of the system (only about ?60)

dikharvey
26-11-03, 02:19 PM
Any idea where i can buy the rest of the system?

mazza
26-11-03, 08:36 PM
if u get the rest of the system you will need all of it including the manifold and downpipe coz the downpipe on 1.2 doesn't have the bit that you usually bolt the system onto. rather than spending ?100 on the sportex manifold you could get the downpipe and manifold of a GTE for alot cheaper and get the 2 pipes that go between the back box and the downpipe for a GTE direct from sportex for 60, the whole system would then be 5 sections, manifold/downpipe(from gte), centre pipe/middle silencer(from sportex) and then your back box. thats what i have

or get a reducer. but a full system sounds nicer

LARA26
26-11-03, 09:31 PM
i had the same problem fitting a tail pipe to my standard 1.2 system but i got the pipes clamped as tight to each other as they would go then had it pasted and welded. it wasnt perfect but didnt leak.