PDA

View Full Version : Motivation needed to get car done ... give me some!

Slatter
25-11-03, 11:16 PM
Some of you may know that for about the past 6 months my car has been layed dormant :cry:
I then managed to fit a Valver engine into it :twisted: but then took it back out!
Its now waiting for a respray..... like its been waiting 3 months... a few weeks ago it was broken into ... bother drivers door windows smashed and glass everywhere need to get more windows tinted now :x

Its sat in a lockup waiting for me to strip it and get ready for spraying .... Ive lost all my enthusiasm and I need YOUR HELP !!!!!!

I want u all to tell me why i should get it all done and how much fun it will be when its finished!!!!

Cheers Slatter

Fester
25-11-03, 11:25 PM
I'll release this one from the stables if you get it finished

NAUGHTY BOY FESTER!!!

p0rn ^^^ dont check it out at work lol

dan16v
26-11-03, 01:12 AM
slatter 2 things.................

think of wasting expensive cars :D

think of pulling under 16yr olds :twisted:

skool goers love fast cars 8)

?Marty?
26-11-03, 03:37 AM
skool goers love fast cars 8)

And, for some reason, especially love Novas! It's weard, but true.

Jim
26-11-03, 09:27 AM
And, for some reason, especially love Novas! It's weard, but true.

Yep, ask Will! :P

Slatter, I think a lot of people have been in your shoes. I've been waiting since I had my car partially resprayed nearly 3 years ago to get it re-painted to the standard that it should have been. The shell is now in Bedfordshire at a bodyshop. Has the guy started it...who knows? I've had my fair shares of ups and downs. You just have to look ahead and realise that come show time your car is going to look clean and will have the 2.0 engine to keep up with larger, faster, more expensive cars.

You're car is better off away from the salt and grit (which has already started), so the longer it's off the road, the better (if you want to keep the bodywork in good condition).

Jim

Dave
26-11-03, 10:35 AM
get on an get it done think of the smile on your face when it's parked up at a show you come back to a crowd of people lookin at it sayin how nice it is!
plus the look on your face when you is racin sommant on the private motorway near you an he looks at his speedo an thinks what the hell is that nova doin still here at this speed :lol:

Will
26-11-03, 10:47 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL @ skoolie comments and me being mentioned, hurry up and finish it u biatch

Jules
26-11-03, 11:00 AM
Some of you may know that for about the past 6 months my car has been layed dormant :cry:
I then managed to fit a Valver engine into it :twisted: but then took it back out!
Its now waiting for a respray..... like its been waiting 3 months... a few weeks ago it was broken into ... bother drivers door windows smashed and glass everywhere need to get more windows tinted now :x

Its sat in a lockup waiting for me to strip it and get ready for spraying .... Ive lost all my enthusiasm and I need YOUR HELP !!!!!!

I want u all to tell me why i should get it all done and how much fun it will be when its finished!!!!

Cheers Slatter

HURRY UP AND GET IT FINISHED YOU LAZY ****!!!
please!!

:lol:

CP
26-11-03, 11:51 AM
Yer you lazy cnut get on with it :lol:

Just think if you get on with it you may have a car ready to drive to Billing/Trax for once :lol:

Plus its cold and dark at nights - the telly's crap - might as well get on with it

jkhilton
26-11-03, 11:53 AM
I really miss having a car to work on. I'd love to be able to say, I need motivation to work on my car, get on with it, you dont know how lucky you are! lol :lol:

Ben
26-11-03, 12:34 PM
I will stay out of this one, you dont need comments from me :roll:

Nova-Flair
26-11-03, 12:38 PM
do u really want to see ur car lying in a workshop for months on end? imagine how crap its gonna feel if the show season comes around and your car isnt finished? u know what to do :wink:

Ste_Nova
26-11-03, 12:50 PM
u know what to do :wink:

yeh hire something silly for billing weekend :lol:

Breeny
26-11-03, 01:24 PM
Wahey, someone else with Breenyitis lol

Mine got driven into 21st July... then i drove it for about 2/3 weeks until the engine went pop. Since then its been sat in my garage for a month... then sat up the mad professors workshop since then. :roll:

Ive promised myself I'm gonna start getting on with it soon :oops:

Riggy
26-11-03, 03:14 PM
i think you should finish it so that slim can do the photos and so that we can all have this years calender lol :D

Rick Draper
26-11-03, 05:16 PM
lol this time of year is just the wrong time of year to be working on fucking cars!

This year my novas probably been used for about 2 month if that all year and at the moment there seems to be very little light at the end of the tunnel :lol: :lol:

Rick

djp_y2k
26-11-03, 05:48 PM
to be honest, if ur that pissed off about it, and have no enthusiasm. Leave it for a few weeks or however long it takes then get back on with it.

I hated the thought of working on my car due to me loosing all interest and enthusiasm.

ABout 5- 6 months later Im well happy again and have been working on it loads.

Hopefully it wont take u that long though.

Slatter
26-11-03, 07:15 PM
Right ive been smiling alot reading these replys... especially the one about school girlies :lol: :lol: ... Im going to stop drinking.... after this weekend :twisted: then im gonna get it done!!!!!!!!! im gonna spray it myself if i have too!!!!

By the end of this weekend it will be stripped and welded hopefully then proper progress can begin

And whoever said get it done for calender .... I WISH!! i asked slim ... but he said it wouldnt be in it... if it could have been it would have been done by now cos it was something i always wanted it to be in mag feature or calender!!!

Cheers Guys ... Slatter

Jim
26-11-03, 07:26 PM
How about this...William will set you up with one of his girlfriends schoolmates :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

peester
26-11-03, 07:34 PM
lol. Theres nothing better than the show season to get you inspired again. you'll go to the shows this year then come back with fresh ideas and motivation, but will it last again?

dan16v
26-11-03, 09:52 PM
ive used my car 0 times this year :lol:

Jon_nova1
27-11-03, 10:16 AM
iv'e used my car 1 times this year, and that was when i bought it, not had it long though

?Marty?
28-11-03, 04:40 AM
What's the point then? I use mine daily. When it serves it's purpose it will be sold/discarded, and replaced.

Fester
28-11-03, 12:38 PM
I can't be assed taking mine off the road, I know I'll just buy loads of expensive stuff and it wont see the light of day until 2004, used daily also, just drive round with it in odd states sometimes eg. half the dashboard missing and 1 seat :lol:

a2lt16v
28-11-03, 12:44 PM
iv'e used mine every day for two months and in 3 years and now its off the road again