PDA

View Full Version : Raisin Da Revz

Funkdocta
25-11-03, 08:01 PM
How do I remove or raise the Rev-limiter on my GTE? I've had all the bit's done - tougher bolts etc. Would the ECU have to be re-maped? Where can I have this done? Is there some way I can do it myself?
Cheeaarzz

NovaNeil
26-11-03, 12:30 PM
Have you had it on a rolling road?

If you have then it will probably show on the power graph that peak power will have peaked and declined before you get to the rev limiter.....hence meaning there is no point what so ever in upping the limit as you won't gain anything.

You only need to up the limiter if you have built a rev happy engine....ie. Put a high lift cam in it.

I think peak power in most GTE/GSi Engines is around 5800rpm, quite a distance off the limiter.

Funkdocta
26-11-03, 05:37 PM
Na not been on a road yet, keep meaning to but dunno where to go near Southend-On-Sea. Yeah, the cam's been done aswell, it seems to really pick up at about 5.5k and keeps it's power strong, that's why I really wanna up the revs! It's well keen at high revs.

Dicko
26-11-03, 10:09 PM
limiter will be 6800, a superchip will take that to 7200. maybe try something like a collins chip where they can alter the rev limit as needed?