PDA

View Full Version : how to split head rests apart

liamp
25-11-03, 06:55 PM
please help me, my girl friends mum has just done some leather interior for a nova but cant open the headrests to finish them off, has any 1 done this before and if so howw did you split them open and put them back together ? cheers

Freak
25-11-03, 09:40 PM
There are a few types of headrests- some have fabric in two pieces and others have them one piece

Basically you need a thin screwdriver- put it in the ridge that runs around the outside and carefully lever the fabric out all the way around (its got thin plastic strips on it to hold it into the headrest).
If its the two part one then you have to do this on the inside line also

I retrimmed my interior and had to do this- wait until you try getting the c*nt back in tho!!!! absolute nitemare!

I would suggest going and finding an astramax van and nabbing the headrests...(black leather look) as noone will be able to tell the difference with black leather

liamp
26-11-03, 12:21 AM
Yeah she tried that, it's the one with the two rims. I assume it can be done as she's seen other Novas with them re-done. This interior was done in Cream but she needs to finish the headrests.

The Seats can be seen here http://www.midnightblue.250x.com

The Astramax Van is a good idea too, thanks.

Freak
26-11-03, 10:36 AM
Its a nightmare- the gap that holds the fabric isnt very wide either- and leather is much thicker than the fabric...

Just be very careful with the screwdriver- its mega tight

As you haver the two fabric types its really hard to get them back in on the inner ridge inside the headrest- i would suggest making it one piece of fabric and only using the outer lines-made it a lot easier for me

(check my old car in the Sri section- i retrimmed my interior and didnt bother doing the other 3 headrests after i did the one- just did the astramax route as it was easier)

Seats look good btw

pickle
01-12-03, 04:34 AM
how much was it for the leather and how many square metres do u need? mail me please mate, thanks.