PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v Turbo Nova's & Corsa's

andyrs1800
25-11-03, 12:51 PM
How do, My Fiesta is for sale as i have seen sense, I will soon be buying a Corsa 1.6 sport maybe a GSI,

The plan is... after a year or less i will get a nova, Then i can eather fit the 1.6 16v to the nova and put a 2,0 turbo in the Corsa... or put a 2.0 turbo in the nova,

I think the first option is betta, But how reliable is the 2.0 turbo really? because rather than messing about with re-builds i would rather just have a N/A 2.0 corsa, maybe cams, chip and stuff, would be quick enough and could be used every day,

Then i would be left with the 1.6 16v wich should be pushin 130bhp+, then i will have to get me a nice nova and make a fast road/track nova...

Well thats the plan, just wanna know really what the calibra turbo engine is like. Hope it all makes sense...

Cheers, Andy.

TUBZGSXR
25-11-03, 02:43 PM
most people say that the 2litre turbo in the corsa/ nova is well rapid, but will eat through tyres, an its hard to get traction off the line etc.... but u do get the dump valve, an the abilty to batter a lot of modern performance cars, but as for day to day im not sure, there are peeps on here that have them for day to day use, ie Breeny, Lee etc....
but id reakon they are better 1/4 mile cars than anything else, but havin never driven, or been in one im nto entirely sure, The N/A 2litre would be more reliable, as it wont have so much of the over heatin problems, turbo blowing etc.... that the Let has, an wil have beter traction off the line as u dont have to cope with the torque steer as the turbo spins up....
im guna get either a 2litre or 2litre turbo in april time an im wonderin wot to get, as i like the idea of the turbo fun, but a buit scared of the ureliability an traction off the line scares...
the 1.616vavle is a great engine to put in the nova, tunable an u keep the front end light as its not as heavy as the 2litre's but u can get more power ultimaley form the 2litre, an its has more torque i think....
hope this helps....

andyrs1800
25-11-03, 03:06 PM
Thats a good help, would love a 2.0 turbo but would have to be a fun car rather than every day car, also 4wd would be a good idia if possible...

Just hope i can sell the fiesta first...

miles
25-11-03, 03:28 PM
There is no reason why the LET cant be as reliable in a Nova as it is the cav/callys as long as you sort out the temperature and intercooling. You also dont have the 4x4 problems associated with the cav/callys.

Once they are moving there wont be much that would touch you on the road.

If you take it easy then traction and tyre wear wont be a problem; big power through fwd is never going to be easy :D

Breeny
25-11-03, 03:35 PM
I wouldnt use it as a day to day car. I did but only during the summer months.

It also takes a lot more money than you think...

The lets in general arn't a particlarly reliable engine, but if there kept on top of with services etc then yeh they can be ok.

Mine was only running right for about a month of the 4/5 months it was on the road..

Traction isn't actually as bad as people make out, but its a different story in the wet. I would say its actually dangerous to drive.. especially if you drive like me lol

6 speed box is also a must... Its a pain in the arse doing 85 on a motorway and being constantly on boost.

If i was to do it all again, I'd stick with an XE (If you want a 2.0)

Ben
25-11-03, 06:22 PM
If that is your plan i would keep the corsa 1600 16v and have that as an everyday ruabout as its comfier etc and just build a C20 LET Nova and keep it as a occsaional driver. Aprently the Let into a Nova is a lot easier than going into a Corsa as well.

peester
25-11-03, 07:12 PM
1.6 16v into a nova mate: its the future, ive tasted it.

andyrs1800
25-11-03, 07:12 PM
Yea true, In that case i'd probs keep the corsa how it is, got for like 130bhp so its as quick as the fez is,
Then get a nova and eather go for a 2.0 16v or try and find another 1.6 16v from another corsa, Think it will make for a well balanced nova and be easier, and the sound of the 1.6 16v with induction kit and a de-cat system is a little bit Good... Fook it i'll just do that... :D

andyrs1800
25-11-03, 07:13 PM
1.6 16v into a nova mate: its the future, ive tasted it.

I thought Garlic bread was the future?

Jules
26-11-03, 10:44 AM
No, Garlic bread with cheese is the future, plain garlic bread is sooo last season!!
:D