PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - Any ideas?

Jules
25-11-03, 12:25 PM
My renewal came through at the weekend for my GSi and, as usual, it's gone up despite getting another year older and another years NCB.
I've rang around some places to try and get a cheaper quote in order for Adrian Flux (Present insurer) to match or better - did I find any? Did I fcuk!!

Adrian Flux want: ?477 fully comp (?250 excess), then if I want breakdown cover (which I do) it goes up to ?512. I noticed that my 8 years NCB weren't protected (I thought they were) so I phoned them to see how much it'd be with them protected - ?543 and my excess goes up to ?300 and this is WITHOUT breakdown cover which is an extra ?35 so the grand sum goes up to a staggering ?578 a year for a 27 year old driving a slightly modified 1.6 8v 12 year old car with cat 1 alarm and immob with a removable steering wheel, no points and no claims made for the last 8 years!!!
Jesus, do these places have a license to print money or what?!

So it looks like I'm reluctantly going to have to go with Adrian Flux again because no-where else could even get close to the quotes unless you, the NL members, can point me in the right direction?

Someone please give me a number of somewhere that can beat that scandalous quote (And don't say Greenlight because "They don't insure Novas or M3's anymore" even though I know people with Novas that are insured with them and I was with them for 5 years previous!!!!)

Will
25-11-03, 12:51 PM
Why dont greenlight insure novas whats the policy for that? i was planning on ringing them for a quote for my car when its finished :(

they advertise in TV loads and dont insure one of the main cars featured in it, pmsl, twats, waste of moeny.

As for helping you Jules, go on mig and look fo r apost abt phil from HIC he shud sort you cheaper for certain.......

I remember Techie used to pay ?280 fully comp with LV on a GSI at 27 with full ncb and that was with 3 points also, not that they make much difference :P

Give me greenlight gen!

will

LARA26
25-11-03, 01:25 PM
when i was looking for insurance last i tried asda.com, they gave me a quote which was ?500 cheaper than im paying now!

im not sure if they would insure a gsi but its worth a try!
good luck

Breeny
25-11-03, 01:29 PM
Wasn't Ian insured with Greenlight at one point?? Then a few years back they said they wernt insuring novas anymore. :!:

I know loads of other people will say this but Jules phone Phil Newman @ HIC, ive got the number at home.

He was by far the cheapest for me.

dan_mk1
25-11-03, 01:57 PM
phil @ hic - 01279 719 932
tell him your a member of mig
was far cheaper than anyone else i tried

Jules
25-11-03, 02:00 PM
Just spoke to him - Damn he's the man!!

Quoted ?346 with ?200 excess, full NCB protection, Agreed value of ?2500 ( :lol: ) Cosmetic mods agreed at ?1500 ( :lol: :lol: ).
Only ?230 cheaper than Adrian Flux and with ?100 lower excess!!

:D :D

Cheers for the help peeps!!

dan_mk1
25-11-03, 02:03 PM
told ya! :D

TOLVAN
25-11-03, 02:03 PM
Just give QUOTELINE DIRECT a chance and see what they come up with. They insure my motorcycle and Nova. They are on web.

:roll:

Will
25-11-03, 02:04 PM
:D

told ya, now give us more info on greenlight, lol

Jules
25-11-03, 02:21 PM
Sorry chap completley forgot!!
I was with Greenlight for probably 4-5 years with both my black 1.6T40 and then my GSI, I never made a claim on my policy or anything in all the time I was with them and payments from me were always prompt.
Last year I got a quote from Adrian Flux through the VSCC and Greenlight couldn't get close to it, so it was bye bye Grennlight, today I phoned them (Greenlight) to try and get a quote lower than Adrian Flux so I could get Adrian Flux to match or beat it - Greenlight asked what car I drive:-

Me - "Vauxhall Nova GSi"
GL - "Sorry we no longer insure Novas or BMW M3's"
Me - "Why?"
GL - "Because we've had some big claims from them"
Me - "But you insured my 2 previous Novas for 5 years plus I know some people that currenly have their Novas insured by yourselves?"
GL - "Yeah but we no longer take new Nova / M3 policys"
Me - "Errr Ok then - Bye!"

:roll:

dan_mk1
25-11-03, 02:24 PM
lol, nova's or m3's?!? thats a bit.....eer i dunno i cant think of a word! strange? :?

Nath
25-11-03, 04:12 PM
can i just be cheeky and ask what MIG is??

dan_mk1
25-11-03, 04:16 PM
www.migweb.co.uk
vauxhall community

Will
25-11-03, 04:16 PM
WTF how does a nova compare with a group 20 BMW M3 with exception of a LET for power, thats stupid, they shud simply do what LV do

and limit valvers to over 21s / over 25s simple, why punish SR/GSI nova owners or drivers with good history just cause its a nova, thats madness.

ok they had a few ppl slaim with valvers and wrote off maybe a powerul car as well costsign the company a few wuid but if u have no history and a group 11 gsi y not insure you? other cars wud be worse in an accident and as powerful, i mean ok they dotn insure novas, shall we go insure a valver corsa or a 2.0 16v mini? pmsl

cnuts

Nath
25-11-03, 04:22 PM
ahh thank u! do u think that he could give me a cheap quote to have my own insurance instead of having it in my mums name??

dan_mk1
25-11-03, 04:26 PM
how old are ya??
you need to be +19 to be insured with hic

Nath
25-11-03, 04:37 PM
ahh no good then. only 17 :cry: 18 in april! Sr or GTE here i come

Ste_Nova
25-11-03, 06:25 PM
LV???

doing both my cars for under ?500

Ben
25-11-03, 06:32 PM
Phil @ HIC couldnt get close to my policy with Flux or my girlfriends @ LV.

(he couldnt even insure her)

peester
25-11-03, 07:14 PM
jules you must live it the bronx or summat. :D

rob_wilkinson
25-11-03, 09:48 PM
What do you reckon HIC would quote me, 19, on a GTE???

dan_mk1
26-11-03, 12:09 AM
What do you reckon HIC would quote me, 19, on a GTE???

the number is there, phone him yourself :roll: