PDA

View Full Version : cold weather

Dave
25-11-03, 10:47 AM
me engine isn't liking the damp weather!
it starts on 3 cylinders then goes to 4 then goes back to 3 when goin along
have changed plugs an leads the fuel filter is new.
anyone got any idea's what to look at next?

Sk8rDude
25-11-03, 12:31 PM
I had the same problem with my 13SR. I changed my all those bits too and it was ok for about a couple o days then went back to the problem, i changed my airfilter back to the standard one, that helped alot cause it keeps hot air in but still does it at least once every week. if u find the problem let me know cuz i cant figure it either.

Dave
25-11-03, 03:17 PM
i've got the standard dustbin lid filter anyway so it's not that

Sk8rDude
25-11-03, 03:20 PM
lol
well i dont av a clue, mine strted gettin really bad and goin to 2 cylinder and cuttin out all the time, im sure some one might know.
is it a carb that ur runnin out of curiosity?

Dave
26-11-03, 10:13 AM
yup the pierberg 2E3

roblings
26-11-03, 07:13 PM
My 1.4 SR was doin similar stuff the other week. Turned out it was running too cool cos the thermostat was faulty and it made the auto choke do wierd stuff. Changed that + no probs since. Its easy to change on the 1.3 but a right pig on the 1.4 cos u have to take the cambelt off.

Rob

adam2472
26-11-03, 07:34 PM
Was aving same probs a while back.. chnaged all of tha above and also got new coil. duno if it was the problem but is def running much better now.

Sk8rDude
26-11-03, 10:38 PM
cool, will give the thermostat thing a try, cuz i tryed it before, but it was one out one of ma old engines, that worked ok, so ill try a brand new one c if it makes a difference.

rgv_stu
26-11-03, 10:56 PM
i had the same thermostat problem last year but its easy 5minute change if you dont run a cambelt cover like me :)

Dicko
27-11-03, 12:26 AM
take off the dizzy cap, put some vaseline around the seal then put it back on. also put some vaseline around the seal where the leads join onto the dizzy cap, and on the coil lead at the coil end. also spray some damp start on the coil/dizzy/leads

Jon_nova1
27-11-03, 09:47 AM
this may sound stupid but if you take out your spark's and clean out the socket it may help because if it's dirty the spark's won't get earthed properly

Dave
27-11-03, 11:28 AM
went an got some sealant spray from morist centre in town gave plugs leads coli an dizzy a good spray an seemed ok this am will see how she behaves tomorrow if not will have another look
if it won't will try changing thermo. can give rad a good flush while i'm there :lol: