PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Fault

so1o
24-11-03, 07:43 PM
Valver is dead :( I was driving the car home in heavy rain the other day on the motorway, it was fine when I parked up but the next day it wouldnt start up, this happened last time aswell but after 3 or so days once all the water had dried up it started up and was fine. I figured it was dampness or something, but need to get this sorted as it rains nearly every other day and cant be stuck with this problem.

Firstly I need to know what the thing is called that the coil is attached to with a bracket. This thing has two wires coming from it that connect on to the coil "+" and a "-", this might sound stupid but I havent got a clue what this is called.

The car turns over like normal but that final spark to fire it up does not happen, I figured it was something to do with the coil, I replaced the coil and the so called thing that I dont know the name of, the car started up for about 2 minutes but then went dead again, I think theres a short somewhere, I have had a very hard look but cant find anything. Could be water somewhere in the wiring I dont know. This is really getting to me now as ive tried nearly everything, cleaned the leads etc etc.

Anyone know of any decent auto electricians around the Luton area or someone who can possibly come to my house and take a look.

Thanks

Solo

so1o
24-11-03, 11:12 PM
someone please?