PDA

View Full Version : polishing

shanehandley
24-11-03, 06:34 PM
ive heard people on about this polishing thing you can put into the end of a drill is it called mopping or someing?

anyway does anyone know where you can purchase it and how much and what its actually called?

Stanton
24-11-03, 06:37 PM
yeah tis mopping.

i think a nova sized car will be about 150notes. bodyshop can do it 4 ya, ure basically tackin the very top layer of paint off.

dunno how much the equiptment it to hire tho, u need cutting compound and other stuff aswell tho.

i think i have a guide in an old mini world mag. can post this up if u want??

ade
25-11-03, 12:21 AM
what youre referring to is a rubber attachment that bolts into the end of your drill and you can attach via a screw various grades of sand paper, or lambs wool polishing bonnets. they can be obtained from halfords.

Be warned though - its VERY BASIC and is very easy to damage your paintwork if you are not careful (watch forners, around trim and edges) - dont use tcut with it - it'll remove all the layers to the primer in minutes!

For faded paint - respray or light mopping by a body shop. Use a basic drill mop for buffing lightly over flat surfaces after washing and fully drying car and you wanna buff in super resin poklich or the like. On edges DO BY HAND!

and dont be tempted to get an attachment for a grinder!!!

:o