PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating brakes

locky
23-11-03, 09:20 PM
A couple of months ago i fitted a new set of disks and pads on the car from a astra 16v, can irratic driving regularly, and braking hard cause the disks to warp and the pads not work properly?
Not sure if i have a sticky calliper!
Would the rear brakes make a vibration through the steering wheel, dont think they will!
Thatnks for any info!
Locky!

Philsutton
23-11-03, 10:01 PM
ive just brought a ford capri for a run about for work an that mmmmm. It has very bad brake vibration through the steering wheel. Some times i have to let go cos it feels like my arms are going to break :o , not really a good idea as it wants to crash. But thats ford for you, im guess using your barkes hard all the time aint gonna do them any good.

Philsutton
23-11-03, 10:05 PM
oh an i don think the back brakes will do sh*t to the steering, just a guess though

locky
23-11-03, 11:32 PM
I honestly havent checked the rears for bout 2 yrs! do you think i had better get checking? i was told the rears are hardly used!

Philsutton
24-11-03, 06:20 PM
if its vibrating through the steering wheel then id say it was the front, probably warped, but i doubt it will be the rears.

Alex
24-11-03, 07:26 PM
probably warped disks and/or sticky callipers

j1400
24-11-03, 07:35 PM
Can't really warp the rear drums, and you won't feel it through the steering wheel. Put new disks and pads on, then free off the calipers when you change them, should be sorted then

Dicko
24-11-03, 07:44 PM
can also be cuased by fcked ball joint, fck TCA, fcked wheel bearing (like mine was) or fcked top mount!!

with my fcked wheel bearing it shoot its t1ts off when i hit the brakes :roll:

locky
24-11-03, 08:19 PM
How about a dodgy engine mount Dicko?

Ball joints are newish, and all the arms e.t.c are fine!

ade
24-11-03, 11:59 PM
I agree with dicko - if vibrating when braking under some load then check play in track rod ends too...mine was really bad (and still is) and the pads were brand new as well as the discs - wasnt ragging about or owt - turned out to be a combination of strut top mounts and worn bushes.

initially it was the track rod ends but my offsets pretty out and with car being lowered fecked it over time...

Ade
:roll:

locky
27-11-03, 12:06 AM
All help appreciated guys!
Thanx alot!

shabba16
27-11-03, 02:44 AM
i know this sounds stupid but check ur tyre/tyre pressure, one of my tyres was low on air and it vibrated through steering wheel :roll: