PDA

View Full Version : GTE into 16v?

Funkdocta
23-11-03, 07:06 PM
Ello, does anyone know if it's possible to fix a 16v head onto a GTE? Would an Astra 16v head fit? What else is envolved, ECU change? Has anyone here done the conversion, what increases do you get?
Cheerz

geordie_racer
23-11-03, 08:05 PM
you cant put a 2 litre head from an astra gte onto a 1.6 gte engine because, the nova engine is small block and the astra is big block so they wont fit. if you mean the 1.6 16v astra then yes this head would fit but you'd have to do a whole load of other stuff aswell and it would work out cheaper to buy a 1.6 16v engine

chris

Funkdocta
24-11-03, 06:13 PM
Oh right, what sort of things would need doing? Thing is i've had quite alot of work done to the bottom end of my engine - Is there a Corsa 1.6 16v that's fit?

geordie_racer
25-11-03, 10:31 AM
i cant tell you exactly what needs doing as i havent ever tried to build a 16v head onto an 8v block, essentially as far as i no the blocks are the same they just need the pistons changing over and im not sure if all the electrical/sensor holes are on the 8v block that the 16v would need. make a thread explaining that you no its alot of expensive work to put a 16v head on an 8v block but that you would still like to no wot is involved

chris

Dicko
25-11-03, 01:33 PM
will be cheaper to start from scratch on the 16v engine. or to stick wit hthe 8v. a good B+ head will be close to a modded 16v. so why bother?