PDA

View Full Version : let in nova

tonydry
23-11-03, 06:40 PM
well i put a post up for help with my let looks like no one can help me so ill have to do it myself ill put the things im not sure ov then peeps can give me some advise
ok realy its only 2 things that i dont no how 2to do firstly the gearbox needs cluch putting in witch i dont no how 2 do
and the other thing is the wireing so anyhelp would be great chears
ohh and the car started life as a gsi if thats any help

geordie_racer
23-11-03, 08:12 PM
this conversion is very similer to the 16v job so go to www.valvers.com and look at the 2litre guide there. the wiring is in self contained looms like the 2litre and the coloring is the same, as for the clutch not to sure but just get a haynes manual for any vaux and read that as im sure the main principles will be the same and the rest you will be able to figure out as you do it

chris

geordie_racer
23-11-03, 08:27 PM
also see this post as it contains a link to the cav turbo haynes manual which will have the clutch info in

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108743

chris

Ste_Nova
23-11-03, 09:24 PM
i never saw u asking for help :P :lol:

tonydry
23-11-03, 11:09 PM
ok cheers for that ive had a look at the valvers site and the wireing diagrams are a bit mad realy lol i need someone to say it in basics like put the black wire to the red ect
ste i put a post in general but none ansered i dident ask u as i no your busy with your own car and other things are waiting like the rwd 1 as you know lee has been helpin me but he has been to busy the last few weekends to help and i dont no when he will get time so im gona have to do it myself :?

geordie_racer
24-11-03, 02:00 AM
the problem with general posts is people generally arent sure what your asking or the question has been answered in the old posts which wiring for the valver/turbo engine has been many times. do you actually have the wiring looms now, if so put the colors up and we will fill them in for you, or look through the old posts or if he's in a good mood ste might put the list up for you anyway

chris

geordie_racer
24-11-03, 02:38 AM
also just remebered bout this it has the wiring colors in, you just need to improvise them for the nova

http://www.astra-mk2.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=48

chris

tonydry
24-11-03, 11:19 AM
cheers that should help