PDA

View Full Version : how great

Anton
22-11-03, 05:18 PM
Well alot of you know I have been really depressed lately.

Well today I thought I was just snapping out of it.

Then, driving to Mcdonalds to get my tea my cam belt decides to snap. Just been towed home by the AA.

So thats ?900 down the drain and ?1500 insurance I paid up front

woo hoo

pickle
22-11-03, 05:32 PM
al these break down companys take the piss, im thinking of buyig a break down truck! haha, i got charged ?240 to get it toed and they wouldn'teven take it to where i wanted it to go, so i had to find a trailor and pay someone else to take it to my house.the coppers didint even tell me how much it would be to toe it, of i would have left it for the night and just got a trailor myself....... but i guess shit does happen!

peester
22-11-03, 06:29 PM
it this all still happening on the gte you bought and are now trying to sell?

Aragorn
22-11-03, 10:19 PM
was it under load long after the belt snapped?

if it was only for a very short period at slow speeds then you may be lucky (ok very very very lucky) and the valves will be fine

pop the rocker cover off and have a look, if the rockers are all intact shove a new belt on it and see what happens

if your still determined to sell it u may as well get the engine sorted and actually get a decent amount for the car even if it costs u ?50-100 in bits

Phil_G
23-11-03, 12:04 AM
shit dude..

:(

bad news that...

Phil

Anton
23-11-03, 01:03 AM
well that and my gf has just left me for someone else

Stanton
23-11-03, 01:13 AM
:o no way!

dude, i feel 4 u!

can only get beta 4 u now tho

Anton
23-11-03, 01:14 AM
oh and that someone else was a mate as well

chenco
23-11-03, 01:19 AM
oh and that someone else was a mate as well

Mate, I've bin there, I know how bad it feels. I found out at half twelve at new years eve last year. Still, life goes on. Sory to hear about car too. :(

Jules
23-11-03, 08:10 AM
Check your head out like Aaragon said - on my old 1.6T40 the bottom pulley came off (Not because I didn't tighten it enough or anything..........) :oops: and everything was fine once I'd got a new pulley and bolt - I thought the OMC engine was designed to miss the vavles in the event of a cam belt breaking?

Also your missus leaving you for your mate:

You're better off without her if that's how she is and your 'mate' is hardly a mate is he if he does that sort of shit?
Better off without the pair of 'em if you ask me.

So it's just the cambelt you need to worry about, and I'm sure you'll go out this xmas / new year and surround yourself with women - because now you can!!
See things are looking up!!
:D

srs1
23-11-03, 10:28 AM
yeah def mate, no prezzies to buy for the laddies. so you can spend more money on the old girl in the drive. it's just a teasing prob. you'll be fine.

one of my best mates tried coping off with my x, he was married and i had only finished with her two months earlier. i was getting back together at the time, so she told me all.
had a blazing arguement with his wife on my door step, so i told her straight, no prob with you. but if i cross him at any point from now, he'll be looking up at me from the floor. he double crossed his bro too.

seriosly anton, you dont need mates like that, its the unforbidden rule that every mate should not break.

mikesri
23-11-03, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear that m8 that is really shit!!

Hope things start looking brighter 4 you! :o

olly55
23-11-03, 01:09 PM
didnt kno trisha was nefin to do wiv novaload

Mark
23-11-03, 01:18 PM
didnt kno trisha was nefin to do wiv novaload

English please :!:

olly55
23-11-03, 01:25 PM
LOL dat aint hard to read atall

Mark
23-11-03, 01:27 PM
LOL dat aint hard to read atall

What :?:

olly55
23-11-03, 01:37 PM
jus read it instead of picking holes

Mark
23-11-03, 01:49 PM
jus read it instead of picking holes

Now that I can read :!:

olly55
23-11-03, 01:59 PM
yes and dem other ones u could read if u didnt have ur head stuk up ur arse,

Mark
23-11-03, 02:36 PM
My head is far too big to go up my arse...and yes I can read the others, if I read them a few times they make sense, If you wrote them in plain english then I would understand them first fcuking time - TWAT

Phil_G
23-11-03, 11:59 PM
Anton,

Sorry to hear about the bad luck m8. You know what oyu need to do tho.

get it fixed and get back out there. Youve left the nova scence once and come back for more. Am certain that once you work the gremlins out that not only will the car run better than it ever has that you will also enjoy it more...

Take a time out and dont do anything in the heat of the moment. You WILL regret it later

Phil

Nova-Flair
24-11-03, 10:05 AM
bloody hell ant ur having a crap time of it mate! :(

i would get the nova fixed and keep it if i were you. dunno why u want to sell it. shes well tidy! just give it a good think over before you do anything.

as for the GF situation.......you are the pimpmaster u'll have another lass for the new year and forget about this one its a bitch when they go for your mates though i know how it feels!

Ste_Nova
24-11-03, 11:35 AM

naked pics please :lol:

jim sri
24-11-03, 12:44 PM
let me know if you want a hand fixing it dude. as said previously i would help you. if the valves are bent, we can fix it for mno more than 60 quid (ish).

?Marty?
24-11-03, 04:58 PM
Tho if my gf was taking as many pics of blokes as Anton did of females, she'd be dumped too. Fun for you, but dont you think she finds (found) it disrespectful?

If you paid more attention to her, then she wouldnt be with your mate now.

Marty. Jekyll and Hyde. Today i'll be...............

Jon_nova1
24-11-03, 05:06 PM
ooh coupe owners club when did that happen

jkhilton
26-11-03, 07:37 AM

naked pics please :lol:

LMFAO!!!!

?Marty?
27-11-03, 05:05 AM
yes and dem other ones u could read if u didnt have ur head stuk up ur arse,

ur reads as YOU ARE, u plik.