PDA

View Full Version : Children in Need

sh0rty
22-11-03, 09:33 AM
Anyone do anything at work to raise money?

My work place dressed as nursery rhymes, (me..i got landed as "Jill" from "Jack and Jill" in a red frilly skirt and white frilly top :P ) the boss watched all the children and we got left outside all day to raise cash how we could.

We went in all the local shops, stood outside garages and there's a big crossroads of traffic lights outside my work. Me and my mate stood here and stopped all the traffic, had money being chucked at us from everywhere. Got lorry drivers to "accidentally" stall holding traffic up even more :P :lol:

Well it was worth the cold and humiliation....

we raised ?878.01p :!:

Mark
22-11-03, 10:31 AM
Well done Shorty!

You must have some pics.....

:D red frilly skirt and white frilly top

sh0rty
22-11-03, 10:34 AM
I do indeed lol, aint got them developed though and aint got scanner :lol: and i daresay me looking like that should get hidden too :D

Mark
22-11-03, 10:38 AM
:lol: You looking THAT good, should never be hidden :!:

Anton
22-11-03, 10:45 AM
cool well done

Puntobabe
22-11-03, 11:23 AM
I went to work to raise money for me and my car :lol: :lol:

Last year we were trying to get everyone in our office to come in for the day in swimwear (cause we're a swimwear company), but not many peeps we up for it cause they were all bl00dy boring.

Mark
22-11-03, 11:28 AM
:o Excellent :!:

epo
22-11-03, 01:49 PM
aye well done u raised a well decent amount :!:

baha_guy
23-11-03, 01:25 AM
:arrow: Well done for getting all that money.

sh0rty
23-11-03, 09:46 AM

anybody know how much they raised in total this year? i didn't get to watch it on telly, had a migraine and slept 6pm - 8am :roll:

sh0rty
27-11-03, 10:41 PM
w00p got my pic in the local newspaper too holding the cheque with a big huge bear :D Supervisors see, just class ;)

?Marty?
28-11-03, 05:01 AM
All these millionaires advertising for good causes and etc, if they actually gave some of their money, they raise a lot more than just urging others to do it. And, yes, i do know that some of the do do it.

Charisties are a big fuckin joke. Out of every pound you donate, only a small fraction goes to the actual cause. The rest is consumed by bureaucracy and red tape. All these fat cat executives driving round in brand new BM's and etc. Makes me laugh. I got interviewed for a job for a charity once (NSPCC) and the pay was ?24k per year, for only 25 hours per week!!! It's a fuking joke.

Money isn't all that important.

Mark
28-11-03, 06:45 AM
Money isn't all that important.

Unless you haven't got it....