PDA

View Full Version : How Do They Work!!!!

so1o
21-11-03, 06:14 PM
Im sure there's many people out there that have heard of what wonders throttlebodies can do for an engine, like me does everyone know how throttlebodies work exactly?

Anyone?

Solo

?Marty?
21-11-03, 06:17 PM
allow more fuel and air to enter/mix, thus making a more powerful combustion. I assume.

lol what am i on about! Can (and most do) use em on valvers, and they have no carbs! :roll:

peester
21-11-03, 06:48 PM
isn't it just carbs but additionally retaining/using injection system. its forced induction ateotd.

Austin_Nova16
21-11-03, 07:20 PM
A throttle body is a body which contains a throttle. Throttle boddies simply means more than 1 throttle body.

So as standard on for example a 2.0 16v injection engine, there is 1 throttle body which lets the air in, and then 4 injectors mounted on the inlet manifold before the inlet ports.

So on afterarket throttle boddies, you simply have an air intake (utalising a butterfly or roller barrel) for each cylinder. The injectors are mounted inbetween the throttle (butterfly/rollar barell) and the head.

Having this set-up allows a lot more air in, and then with decent management, allows greater control of the fueling and ignition to gain more power with this increase in air.

Hope this helps.

locky
21-11-03, 10:54 PM
So basically they are multiple throttle bodies? 1 per cylinder! arnt they all managed independantly too?
Iv been told this! :|