PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled for drink driving...

Neil.
21-11-03, 04:24 AM
or so the police man hoped,
went to pick up a mate at 12pm from pub, he'd had a few pints(not drunk) and was finishing off a bottle of bud when he got in my car from the pub, we then went to tesco's, had munchies, so we parked up and he gave me his bottle and i placed it just next to my car on the floor, right underneith my door, forgot about it :wink:
So went in and got food, prob spent about 10 mins in there looking at the new Hot Wheels toys and how good they look, i brought 3 terry's chocolate oranges and mate got some crisps and a botle of coke, drove outa tescos and this police car was waiting in a side road for me, drove past it and he turned his head lights on and followed me for same ammount of time check would take over the radio, he then puts on flashy blue lights and pulls me over, i get outa the car and he says to me,
Police man - Been drinking?
Me - No
Police man - Get into the back of my car please
Me - ok
Police man - How many pints you had?
Me - None
Police man - How come you left a bottle of beer at tesco's then?
Me - My mate gave it to me and i put it on the floor to take to the bin and forgot about it.
Police man - ok, you wont mind doing a breathalizer then
Me - nope, not at all.
(he then tells about the test and how it works)
Police man - blow into this 'oooohh errrrr mr!'
Me - ok
he then asks me about insurance and what engine size (i shit myself and say 1.2) he says, ok.

I do the test and it reads totaly free from alcohol, his mate in the drivers seat goes 'damn!'
Then another police car comes along and pulls up side of one im in, driver of car im in shakes his head and says 'we should be so lucky'
Police man - ok u can go on your way now
Me - thanks

The police man in drivers seat lets me out and says,
Police man - who bottle was it?
Me - my mates
Police man - thats funny coz your mate said he hadn't been drinking
He then goes over to mate and says,
Police man - Why did u lie to me about the bottle and you not drinking when you had been?
My mate - i panicked mate, just said no.
Police man - ok we'll ive got your address ill be sending you a fine!

Only when i was driving off did the guy ask for my name and DOB, strange!

Trust my mate to lie aswell to a police man, derrrrrrrr!

jkhilton
21-11-03, 04:33 AM
what are they sending a fine for???

Stuart
21-11-03, 07:58 AM
tis the season. they will start pulling anyone over for suspected drink driving.

Just dont be a cheeky twat and (provided youve done nothing wrong you'll be fine :)

RJM25R
21-11-03, 08:07 AM
Do the police up your end BY-PASS THE JUSTICE SYSTEM, NOT BOTHERING WITH ARREST, READING YOUR RIGHTS, COURT APPEARANCE ETC.? :lol:

Can't see what they are fining him for... They can't issue him a fixed penalty cos he wasn't driving/supervising the car and he didn't leave the litter, You did!!! Besides that, tesco's will be private land and they would have to take on a civil case, not criminal!!!

Having said that, they could have arrested him on suspicion of anything due to the fact he lied to them and left him in a cell all night to be released without charge...... They areknown to do that. arrest+no charge isn't a lot of paperwork if they want to fuck your day up!

Dpnova
21-11-03, 09:20 AM
Am i right in thinking that last year if you grassed people up for drink driving and they were caught that you would get money :twisted: Im off to sit at the pub i could do with some new alloys

Alex
21-11-03, 11:35 AM
i was thinking about doing that last year :lol:

S2 Ant
21-11-03, 11:39 AM
Is a good idea too... Anyone stupid enough to drink drive deserve anything that get!!!!

wisewood
21-11-03, 12:11 PM
You need to be careful what you are doing at this time of year neil... if they decide to give your car a thorough going over they are bound to find something out of place - like maybe the size of the engine for example. :D

dave.gsi
21-11-03, 12:26 PM
if you havent told them about the bigger engine are you not running around with invalid/no insurance. :!:

thats pretty stupid in a car like yours (which seems to attract crashes)lol

Will
21-11-03, 12:43 PM
im guessing the insurance know but he hasnt done it on the V5 to get cheap tax, ya skank

pmsl

Will
21-11-03, 12:44 PM
Is a good idea too... Anyone stupid enough to drink drive deserve anything that get!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Philsutton
21-11-03, 02:39 PM
he then asks me about insurance and what engine size (i s**t myself and say 1.2) he says, ok.

hmm i sort of had that problem last time i was pulled had to lie a little. They even checked the engine but they just oh yes it is a 1.2......haha i dont think he had a clue what he was on about.

Will
21-11-03, 04:02 PM
he then asks me about insurance and what engine size (i s**t myself and say 1.2) he says, ok.

hmm i sort of had that problem last time i was pulled had to lie a little. They even checked the engine but they just oh yes it is a 1.2......haha i dont think he had a clue what he was on about.

Engine numbers arnt hard to read or find, 14NV = "hmmmmm yer it is a 1.2 NOT" pmsl

i can hardly talk i had a 1400 engine in my 1.2 insured as a 1.4 and already taxed just couldnt be arsed sending the form off for the V5 think it was still 1.2 when i scrapped it, unless i changed it?? hmmmmm cant remember

Philsutton
21-11-03, 04:09 PM
Philsutton wrote:
Quote:

Engine numbers arnt hard to read or find, 14NV = "hmmmmm yer it is a 1.2 NOT" pmsl

i can hardly talk i had a 1400 engine in my 1.2 insured as a 1.4 and already taxed just couldnt be arsed sending the form off for the V5 think it was still 1.2 when i scrapped it, unless i changed it?? hmmmmm cant remember

i know that but he clearly didnt

srs1
21-11-03, 05:30 PM
if the cops in your area cant smell beer on his breath then they really are stupid. not sure they can fine him, you can tell the cops whatever you want untill its an investigation/under caution etc.

neil has explained his master plan for his insurance and that seemed ok. just dont be stupid and take a chance on drink driving.