PDA

View Full Version : mk1 bumper removal.

Nath
20-11-03, 11:27 AM
ive got a new front bumper and on the nova currently is this front:

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jbobo/26a41964.jpg

ive undone the two bolts at the side attaching it to the wings. but where else do i have to i have to unscrew to get the bumper off?? because it doesnt move at all and i cannot see anywhere that it bolys or screws into. cheers

ade
25-11-03, 12:47 AM
you know in all my years of novaloading (18 months :lol: ) no one has asked how to get the old style buympers off. Its always the standard mk1 or mk2 jobbies!

tbh mate I dunno. I'd say you need to remove the grill and thenafter youve removed the side bars there will be 2-4 bolts within the wheel arch that hold the bumper to the carriage bars.

Theyre 13mm I think - 2 in a line on both sides on the inner engine bay wall - put your hand un the whool arch towards the front in line with the bumper and you'll feel them - you can see them. They'll be stiff mind! I sheared mine! :o

Once theyre free the bumper will be removeable but the cariage bor irons will be attached - just remove these from the bumper. I guess the bumper carrier (metal bar) will be on the bumper (dunno about that one though) - so I guess you unclip the old one and fit the new one to the carriage.,

Refitting is reverse...

Ade
:wink: