PDA

View Full Version : Cant be doing with this anymore

linzTDI
20-11-03, 08:52 AM
Just when i set my heart on keeping my nova....
This morning i went round a roundabout (little one) and something happened with the steering and it went light i thought it had snapped or something so managed to get the car back under control before i went into a crowd of traffic. I just went really slow and the steering was really light so i stopped and put full lock on and got out and had a look and i cant see anything wrong not that i know what i am looking for managed to get to work doing all the speed limits but i cant be doing with this espeially when i always have passengers :(

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 09:20 AM
diesel on road etc.... lucky it was in a nova... in a car with pas you wouldn't notice.. you would just crash

how full was your car?

linzTDI
20-11-03, 09:22 AM
was on my own on my way to work!

Dpnova
20-11-03, 09:38 AM
Did the steering stay light the whole of the way to work or was it just for a breif period

linzTDI
20-11-03, 09:40 AM
it went light at the roundabout then stayed ligth for the rest of the journey

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 09:41 AM
if you get diesel etc on the tyres a burn out is a good way to clean them :lol: try explaining that to the police :twisted:

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 09:42 AM
i cant be doing with this espeially when i always have passengers :(

was on my own on my way to work!

Nath
20-11-03, 10:25 AM
thatll be diesal on the road! it happened to me the other day! i accelerated and it just wheelspan through 1st 2nd and 3rd! and then i went to turn right and the car went straight on and i ended up on a grass bank! luckily no damage was caused 8)

linzTDI
20-11-03, 10:28 AM
its not its the steering as its been a bit dodgey for a while and i was no where near a garage and the last time i was at a garage was the weekend.
I was in the car bymyself as i was going to work! i neally always have keith in the car tho when i am not at work or m mates etc so i am just thinking i dont want to be responsable

Nath
20-11-03, 10:40 AM
it might be your steering then but i was no where near a garage either but its near an industrial estate therefore one of the lorrys had a spillage and cars were sliding all over the plae lol. looked like a game of bumper cars!

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 10:42 AM
its not its the steering as its been a bit dodgey for a while and i was no where near a garage and the last time i was at a garage was the weekend.

trucks etc spill diesel on roundabouts due to fucked tank caps etc...

if your steering is dodgy then sort it....

only a few componets in the steering setup

linzTDI
20-11-03, 10:42 AM
only seemed to be me that had the prob and it was off country roads so no lorrys about.
Gonna have to get a new car to get me though the winter! god i am stressed out my head there is a massive car dealers near my house called autoparc so i am gonna go there and try find a nice punto or something and get it on finance

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 10:44 AM
lol @ stressed... go back there after work and check on foot what the surface is like

might have been an accident there the night before

linzTDI
20-11-03, 11:31 AM
you jokin i would get killed! theres no where to stop thats why i had to keep going after the round about

Dicko
20-11-03, 12:18 PM
you got plastic tires like me? my car dont like roandabouts in the wet :(

just off to get some nice new tires though :P

linzTDI
20-11-03, 12:19 PM
my tyres are fine 195/55/15s i been in worse conditions than this morning and had no probs

Jim
20-11-03, 01:59 PM
FFS, Stop moaning and get it sorted. People have thrown all sorts of reasons at you why this might have happened, yet you keep dismissing them. :roll:

Jim

linzTDI
20-11-03, 02:02 PM
yeah coz people dont fuckin listen to me as they know i have had probs before etc well i am getting rid and leaving this fuckin website as all people do is criticise and winge its not fun anymore so bye peeps

Alex
20-11-03, 02:11 PM
There is no way we can diagnose the exact problem from a very vague description, only throw suggestions about. Have a look at the road surface and your tyres and steering or take it to a garage to look at

dan_mk1
20-11-03, 02:24 PM
yeah coz people dont fuckin listen to me as they know i have had probs before etc well i am getting rid and leaving this fuckin website as all people do is criticise and winge its not fun anymore so bye peeps

:lol:

Cara
20-11-03, 02:28 PM
im gettin a new car fallen outta love with mine and ive just heard the 2nd crash i had they admitted liability so shudnt b long till i get some ??

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 02:29 PM

time of the month?

dan_mk1
20-11-03, 02:33 PM

time of the month?

:lol: time of the day?!?!

elsey197
20-11-03, 03:09 PM
FFS, Stop moaning and get it sorted. People have thrown all sorts of reasons at you why this might have happened, yet you keep dismissing them. :roll:

Jim

About time some one said this, all her posts ae the same :?

Will F
20-11-03, 03:17 PM
FFS!!

Suggestion #1
Diesel on Road

Response
No, it was light steering all the way to work

Suggestio#2
Diesel on tyres

Response
No, its def the steering- I need it to be safe, cos I drive to work with lots of passengers on my own!!!!!
:?

Suggestion #3
Diesel on road, due to Lorry spillage around the roundabout

Response
No, there are no lorries around because it a country road.
A ROUNDABOUT ON A COUNTRY ROAD???? :?

Suggestion#4
Tyres

Response
No, it cant be my tyres, cos they are 195 55 15!!?? :?

Suggestion#5
Stop f**king moaning

Response
OK, I am off

RESULT 8)

dan_mk1
20-11-03, 03:32 PM
think this calls for a celebration! :lol: :D

Rick Draper
20-11-03, 03:33 PM

Close the door on your way out. Rick

Ben
20-11-03, 03:57 PM

Bye

Alex
20-11-03, 03:59 PM
LMFAO :lol:

?Marty?
20-11-03, 04:00 PM
i thought she was luvely.

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 04:30 PM

i've never seen her.. anyone got any pics?

Jim
20-11-03, 04:44 PM
Wisewood set up a site just for Linz and pictures of her. Not sure if these pictures are before or after photoshop alteration. :lol:

Jim

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 04:45 PM
link

dan_mk1
20-11-03, 04:51 PM
www.linztractor.com

Nath
20-11-03, 04:53 PM
lol

Dpnova
20-11-03, 04:54 PM
Is that supposed to be trator or is it tractor

Mark
20-11-03, 04:54 PM
lol

dan_mk1
20-11-03, 04:56 PM
lol, tractor! she got pissed off on a number of occasions when i called her car a tractor, really really pissed off! :lol:

Dpnova
20-11-03, 04:57 PM
Ahh i see, but i dont think she will be coming back on to look at it though :lol:

dan_mk1
20-11-03, 05:10 PM
bet she will! :lol:

srs1
20-11-03, 06:59 PM
look at the time linz said she was off, break time i think.

i recon there'll be a linzgte tomoz. lol

she'll be back, so be nice to her

i'm off to look for puntoload.net :lol:

Chris LR
20-11-03, 07:34 PM
Try Landy steering

Jules
20-11-03, 09:23 PM

Or possibly traitor?

Slatter
20-11-03, 09:45 PM
ohh welll

jkhilton
20-11-03, 10:05 PM

i've never seen her.. anyone got any pics?

LMFAO!!! how could you not have seen any pics of her? she posted about 50 in the Novaload album.

I for one wont be upset to see her leave, it gets boring hearing all the moaning she does and the fact that she can't take a joke!

locky
20-11-03, 10:12 PM
I get very light steering after my car has been in the workshop! its sooooo full of oil! takes bout a mile or so for it to come off!

dave.gsi
20-11-03, 10:57 PM
i get pretty major understeer on wet roundabouts at high speed.

need to get some new tyres pretty sharpish me thinks

dave.gsi
20-11-03, 11:01 PM
lmao. just jumped from page 1 to page 4 (thinking no doubt another one of her winging posts lol)

turns out i missed the best two pages :lol:

classic quote ......'all people do is criticise and winge'

you said it,

dont let the door hit your ass on the way out lmfao :lol:

jkhilton
20-11-03, 11:15 PM
dont let the door hit your ass on the way out lmfao :lol:

lol, she wont have to worry about that, I'm sure there will be people holding the door open for her, ready to shut it when she has gone!! :lol:

Fester
20-11-03, 11:18 PM
:lol: :lol:

i dont think this will be the last

remember years ago at school, there was always the contingent of "i cant wait to get out of this fuckin place" who would be outside the gates at 3.05 with nothing to do? youre in, or youre out!

HEVY-nova
21-11-03, 12:06 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

she'll be back...

Cheese
21-11-03, 12:51 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank fcuk for that!
Moan moan moan!! :evil:

Dpnova
21-11-03, 09:15 AM

Or possibly traitor?
:oops: :oops: Sorry

wisewood
21-11-03, 12:01 PM
That'll be another long term novaload member disgruntled and choosing to use another site instead then, and not only that, but with very serious plans to trade in the nova and move onto pastures foreign.

Good work lads! You were very effective in your methods of shoving her out of the door, good work!

Someone has some bad experiences with a car and talks about getting rid and we all try to convince them otherwise - except for linz, because apparently she complains and moans too much... perhaps this is because she has problems with her car, explains them as best she can and she is never given an answer in as much detail as a male member would get. :roll:

This will be seen as me sticking up for a mate, which in a way i suppose it is but there was certainly no need for most of this. Several people with a bit of an attitude problem lately.

A few of you made your feelings known in a nice polite way - but others... just no need for it. All you do is put other people off when you behave like this.

So... WELL DONE!

Ste_Nova
21-11-03, 12:02 PM
we all know the truth... she is treated like this cause she is northen

dan_mk1
21-11-03, 12:13 PM
we all know the truth... she is treated like this cause she is northen

dave.gsi
21-11-03, 12:21 PM
andy, thats not strictly true.

she asked for help, was given answers for it but it wasnt good enough. lets face it its not the first time shes had problems and then blatently dissmissed any suggestions people have put forward. people tryed to help but she had none of it. :roll:

and as for her buying a new car (non nova), its probably the best thing she could do. now she can direct her constant whinging at the local renault dealership when her new clio goes tits up.

it was obvious from her other post a while back she didnt want too keep the nova even though people tryed to convince her. as far as i see it, people have done there best to help but she threw it back at us.

as they say, theres no pleasing some people, especially women :!:

Barn
21-11-03, 01:53 PM
...apparently she complains and moans too much... perhaps this is because she has problems with her car, explains them as best she can and she is never given an answer in as much detail as a male member would get

but there was certainly no need for most of this. Several people with a bit of an attitude problem lately.

A few of you made your feelings known in a nice polite way - but others... just no need for it. All you do is put other people off when you behave like this.
change your name back to wisewood mate, couldn't agree more.

Barn

p.s *EDIT* dan mate...half-tidy

dan_mk1
21-11-03, 01:56 PM
fit bird? matter of opinion!
and some of us have girlfriends so we dont need to flock to some bird and make a fuss on the internet

Barn
21-11-03, 02:24 PM
matter of opinion, yeh I agree

but if you didn't want to post in her threads you didn't have to either

can't help thinking that some people posted in her threads just to make an argument basically, bit childish IMO.

anyway atb

?Marty?
21-11-03, 06:02 PM
There was certainly no need for most of this.

Absolutely.

jkhilton
21-11-03, 07:04 PM
I think the main point of this is that she is more than willing to have a go at people or make nasty comments about other people, but as soon as it is turned around on her, she can't take it.

perhaps this is because she has problems with her car, explains them as best she can and she is never given an answer in as much detail as a male member would get. :roll:

as for that, in what way would the solutions for the problem with her steering in this post, have been described differently to blokes?

Paul
21-11-03, 08:37 PM
ive just read through the whole post.

-Linz moaned about her wagon going tits up.

-Ste and other offered advice, but no IT WAS the nova.

-So as far as im concerned go and buy a fiat punto as u sed, and u want to see problems, u will fookin see problems.

How much would i pay to see her moan at her local fiat dealeship for that car.

My mate 51 plate car, at 10k new clutch, 10k new discs and pads, 18k new discs and pads, 15k new gearbox and clutch, 25k new pads and discs, 33k at current box on way out, pads on way out, discs on way out, clutch on way out.

There has been nothing but trouble with that car, both seats dont move, suspensions already fucked up, and the best bit, Fiat are tossers when it comes to servicing.

LOL at Linz wanting a nice relianle car :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ben
21-11-03, 09:37 PM
Everyone gets fed up with using the site (including myself).

The best thing is to go away for a few days and let everything clear off the boards and come back fresh, it does work.

With Andy saying the explanation being different to what a male member would say is Bollocks, i can remember a post getting over 3 pages long with people trying to explain to her how to fit a brake light bulb in.

In fact if you look at the majority of posts and the ones wich are posted by women get more attention than the male members.

Good advice was offered but it was falling on deaf ears, if you dont want to hear something then you wont. I think the answer Linz was looking for was something similar to this...

"By the sounds of what youve explained Linz it sounds like your complete steering setup is shot and you could do with replacing the steering rack, steering column, track rod ends, front suspension wich may cost you ?3k to do, but needs doing as your endangering your life everytime you go out. If i was you go and buy a brand new car on the weekend as they are better built and wont ever fail you"

But lets face it no one on the site was going to offer advice like that as every other member knows in reality its not true.

If Linz does want to sell her nova and leave the site thats her choice, but lots of members dont own them so if she didnt want to leave she wouldnt. trying to provoke people to force her to leave is what she chose.

Someone ring the highways agency and tell them a snow plough is for sale!!!!

dave.gsi
21-11-03, 11:20 PM
lmfao, ^^^^^^^^^ bing bing, someones hit the nail on the head there :!:

olly55
22-11-03, 11:11 AM
lol fiat - FIX IT AGAIN TOMORO

sh0rty
23-11-03, 12:20 PM
Last time my steering went light, my back left wheel came off and went flying past me on the road with me trying to stop my car and avoid oncoming traffic :!: Get it checked linz, like you i felt something was wrong and slowed up, ended up coming off at 30mph, lucky it wasn't 60-70mph going to work with 3 mates in car.

Nova-Flair
05-12-03, 11:10 PM
im sticking up for linz on this one.

you lot have been more than a little harsh with her and its not on.

im disappointed more than anything. you lot could have handled the situation a bit better instead of all turning on her!