PDA

View Full Version : got caught speeding

pickle
20-11-03, 03:39 AM
got caught speeding not too long ago, just went to courton tuesday, but did not get a ban due to work writing me a letter saying i need the car to get to work and i take a few more lads. got 6 points and a ?185 fine for doing 60 in a 30. so i now have 9 points. bit shit but it will learn me to cruise. so dont get caught. just thought id metion all ths incase anyone else is on there way to court...... get a letter from work, it helps..

Mark
20-11-03, 06:46 AM
That's a bugger, but doing 60 in a 30 is just a bit fcuking silly isn't it?

Jim
20-11-03, 08:00 AM
How old are you Pickle?

Jim

Dpnova
20-11-03, 08:57 AM
Unlucky mate :(

dan_mk1
20-11-03, 11:45 AM
That's a bugger, but doing 60 in a 30 is just a bit fcuking silly isn't it?

thank you, exactly what i said last time

Dpnova
20-11-03, 11:47 AM
I remeber that argunment ...It was a policeman on a bike on a country lane and he was late for something. Double the speed limit is a bad idea though

Nath
20-11-03, 11:48 AM
i thought 60 in a 30 was a automatic loss of license??

Tazzy
20-11-03, 04:15 PM
they should stop the pointing system, especially as new drivers can only have up to 6 (what i was told!) but just keep automatic fines (but not on the spot fines)

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 04:32 PM
they should stop the pointing system, especially as new drivers can only have up to 6 (what i was told!) but just keep automatic fines (but not on the spot fines)

no cause i've got ???? so i'd drive flat out everywhere and just pay the fines

Ben
20-11-03, 05:24 PM
Ste's right

Anyone would just go whatever speed they want and just pay the money.

As for 60 in a 30 being automatic ban, its all down to circumstances and as he said he his work wrote pleading etc.

I got done doing well in excess of 100mph in a 40 but only got 3 points as it was 4am and was only car on the road and i agreed to a complete overhaul as it was one of the policemans first night so he learnt how to do the following...

Breathe test
Tyre checks
Remove stereo and check serial numbers
PNC check

etc etc

Ian_Gsi16v
20-11-03, 07:33 PM

Since when can they do this? So just because your speeding you robbed your stereo?

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 07:42 PM
Ste's right

fuck it... i'd be prefecting my 1/4 start outside the local high school

Ben
20-11-03, 07:52 PM

Since when can they do this? So just because your speeding you robbed your stereo?

The moment i agreed to it or go to court and stand up and argue with two officers that i wasnt doing over 3x the speed limit.

NovaNeil
20-11-03, 08:00 PM
100 in a 40......... Nice one Ben.

I take it they didn't know your exact speed. otherwise you would of been in deep pooh...... :P

Got pulled over after the police caught up with me doing 115mph on a country road at 3am and it was raining!!! God knows what speed they must of been doing but they came up on me fast!

I didn't have a front bumper either!

It was when "foot and mouth" was happening. And I blagged it saying the bumper got ripped off on one of the steril washes at the end of my dads farm drive as it was so low.
The copper felt sorry for me and said "better not give your father anymore grief as he might loose all his stock"
and let me off :o

After a 40min lecture on how much it costs for every accident on the road.
:(

Jules
20-11-03, 09:19 PM
Ste's right

fcuk it... i'd be prefecting my 1/4 start outside the local high school

LMFAO!! Like you don't do that anyway!!
:wink: :lol:

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 10:11 PM
Ste's right

fcuk it... i'd be prefecting my 1/4 start outside the local high school

LMFAO!! Like you don't do that anyway!!
:wink: :lol:

no i prefer to drive slow/stop by schools :roll:

dan16v
20-11-03, 10:21 PM
lol when i got done for 109mph i got off well lightly

55day ban and ?145 fine and 0 points :lol: just got what i was given! i dont need the car so id rather have a longer ban and less money/points

any way bans are a good thing as they allow you to mod your car more :lol:

Gazza14SR
20-11-03, 11:39 PM
pickles, you got similar treatment to me, i was doing 60 in a 30 and got 6 points and 255quid fine.

i take it you've been driving longer than 2 yrs then otherwise you'd be takin your test and theory again - i had to, right bitch it was.

still, taught me a lesson or 2.

Serialkilla
21-11-03, 02:32 AM
I was doing 75 mph in a 40 on the A4 bath road went round a small bend and that stupid speed camera van was parked in the bus stop.

But i think i got to 40 just before he took the photo and i haven't got anything though the post yet so i think i was lucky.

All i need is 6 points and thats my license gone.

?Marty?
21-11-03, 03:43 AM
I have 9 points for speeding. Think it's stupid now, especially on the road. Because of how my car looks, everyone seems to think i'm out to race, which pisses me off.

I have people driving up behind me as fast as they can, then backing off and then doing it again (i WILL slam on the brakes and collect my 'whiplash' compensation if they persist), trying to get me to race them.

Or people move RIGHT over so i can pass them, almost as if to say that they know i will try to do it anyway, so they want me to just get past without racing them or something. But when i'm already doing the speedlimit, i'm not going to overtake and risk getting caught going over the limit.

3 points more and it's an auto ban.

I prefer to just cruise round now, tho this is what makes me want a different car most of the time. Something more suitable for 'posing' in. And being very comfy to drive about slowly in.

srs1
21-11-03, 05:20 PM
i've got 9 points and a ban on mine.

i got off lucky with the ban. 7 day ban and ?100 fine. no points. was doing 103 in a 70. laughing my ass off as it was a 1.1 saxo at 7000rpm screeming in pain as i tried to loose the senator cop car.

pickle
22-11-03, 05:28 PM
sorry slim jim mate, i aint been on here for a few days. yeah lads im 20. i now have 9 points all together for speeding. the first one was in the first 3 month of driving at 3am in the morning doing 52mph on a 40mph road. they took the fucking piss. thy should be off very soon, how long are they on for? 3 year?