PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed Brakes group buy.

BigRuss
19-11-03, 11:54 PM
Hi,

As mentioned in "Hi Spec or Godspeed brakes" thread in Technical, I have sorted out a deal with Ian Godney (Godspeed) for a discount on a Novaload Group buy. Minimum order is five kits, He can do anything from std size discs Drilled + Grooved etc.. with std calipers all the way up to 355mm Kit with 6pot calipers.

You can basically have your choice of calipers again from std up to 4pot /6pot AP's, Willwood's, Brembo's, KAD's etc etc....

Obviously the bigger the disks and better the calipers the more expensive it will be, a few of You are allready interested but would all interested (really interested only please, no dreamers) people please specify below what they are interested in having? I will let this run for say a week from now (WED) and then get Ian to give us exact prices, remember the more kits the cheaper it will be for all of us.

Thanks,

Russell

?Marty?
20-11-03, 01:10 AM
From someone else i know, been told they're a crap company to use. Very unreliable.

They placed a group booking, it was months before the first person got their order, and some people are STILL waiting. Some of the parts sent didn't even fit.

NovaNeil
20-11-03, 07:59 AM
I have 16" Speedline Alessio's (ET49) with Astra ATE Calipers and 256mm Discs.
Im after a 300mm conversion or bigger.

Does he sell any kits that retain the standard calipers? And will the ?595 308mm conversion he sells fit under the wheels?

If not is there any other 300mm+ conversion he can recommend?

Cash Waiting.......

Cheers

Neil

BigRuss
20-11-03, 12:31 PM
From someone else i know, been told they're a crap company to use. Very unreliable.

They placed a group booking, it was months before the first person got their order, and some people are STILL waiting. Some of the parts sent didn't even fit

Godspeed has recently gone through a major expansion as a company, Ian has spent in excess of ?30,000:00p on a CNC lathe and miller, as well as retaining existing equipment. This was entirely due to sheer volume of orders over an extended period of time, this may partially explain a delay but nobody has waited months :o

As for not fitting, You have either been given false info or You are just talking rubbish. I have had severael kits off Him over the Years for different cars and all have gone straight on, perfect fits and done the business. A lot of people have had kits off him over the last 10 Years or so, if they were no good they would have gone out of business a long time ago, Yes?

Ste_Nova
20-11-03, 12:46 PM
where are they based???

maybe a novaload group collection and factory tour could be arranged?

Ben
20-11-03, 04:01 PM
He is Bridgend is South Wales, i have only ever heard of good things about the company. I have only really ever heard people in the motorsport industry using his kits so that must say something about the quality of them.
I am intrested in a kit similar to yours Russ dependent on prices etc.

djp_y2k
20-11-03, 05:46 PM
I'm after the 325mm kit with 4 pot calipers, or bigger depending on the price we can get them for.

dan16v
20-11-03, 08:07 PM
im in for some 300mm-310mm 4pot set up, not sure if i want willwood tho as i dont know if you need to run wheel spacers? but yes im up for it put me down :wink:

Ian
20-11-03, 08:16 PM
alcon set to fit under 17s, will be on hol until 5th dec though

?Marty?
21-11-03, 03:34 AM

They placed a group booking, it was months before the first person got their order, and some people are STILL waiting. Some of the parts sent didn't even fit

Godspeed has recently gone through a major expansion as a company, Ian has spent in excess of ?30,000:00p on a CNC lathe and miller, as well as retaining existing equipment. This was entirely due to sheer volume of orders over an extended period of time, this may partially explain a delay but nobody has waited months :o

As for not fitting, You have either been given false info or You are just talking rubbish. I have had severael kits off Him over the Years for different cars and all have gone straight on, perfect fits and done the business. A lot of people have had kits off him over the last 10 Years or so, if they were no good they would have gone out of business a long time ago, Yes?

Just stating what i've been told, which i dont take as fact. Put it here to either have it confirmed or denied. Seems like it's likely to be false then.

Do they have a website? I'm interested in some 310mm discs (alloy bells, rather than solid) and 4 pots. How much are those? Been looking at some of the Hi-Spec stuff, and they seem good 'on paper', and the prices certainly are good.

Ben
21-11-03, 04:24 AM
www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk

djp_y2k
21-11-03, 09:24 AM
so thats 2 or three of us at least now.

Ian
21-11-03, 08:02 PM
hi spec poor quality read some real horror stories on them

CP
24-11-03, 05:35 PM
I'm confused - are these made by hi-spec (Kent arent they?) or Godspeed? Whats the difference/same in spec??

sorry I'm dumb. :roll:

I got some Hi spec discs on already under my wilwoods - been very good and delivery etc was fine

dan16v
24-11-03, 11:07 PM
mad just checked 308mm kit is only ?595!

unsure of what calipers its with tho? only states 4pots?

?Marty?
25-11-03, 02:27 AM
Just had a look at the site, and the prices ARE absolutely great!

I mean:

325mm Discs (any spec)
Aluminium bells
Pair of four pot calipers
Mounting brackets, nuts & bolts
Mintex M1144 fast road pads
Full Fitting instructions

Full Kit - ?695 !!!

Ian Godney
25-11-03, 08:10 AM
Hi

The four pot calipers we use on those kits are a steel caliper not alloy , they are a Girling caliper that was fitted to another car , we make the brackets to suit whatever car they are going on with our kits , using this caliper does bring the costs of that kit right down and is excellent for the money.

The kits we make with the alloy bells , has the ofset set in much more than a standard disc , this gives much more clearance between the spokes , so should not give anyone clearance problems ,

If you have a group buy of 5 then I will give off ?50 a four pot kit , or if you have 10 I will drop the price by ?75 .

We can supply a 308mm disc and bell , mounting bracket kit and pads to use the 16v Astra calipers, this kit is ?425 ,

We can also supply a 284mm 4 stud disc to use with the Cavalier turbo calipers at ?185 a pair .We can offer these on the group buy at ?150 a pair.

Probably the best kit we offer with regards to calipers is the Brembo four pot caliper kits , They are a bigger caliper with bigger pads and work very well , they can be supplied with 308mm , 325mm or 335mm depending on wheel size , The are priced in a group buy at ?700 for 308mm discs , ?800 for the 325mm ones and ?900 for the 335mm's.

We can also supply reconditioned calipers and standard sized discs for those with standard size wheels , let me know your requirements.

As regards to the negative points mention earlier about group buy taking so long and customers not getting there parts , is a load of rubbish , our first group buy with the scooby boys did go a bit pear shaped , but only because we took too many orders , we originally said it would be for about 5 but prooved so popular that we took all who wanted kits , we ended up with 35 orders all who wanted them first !! Some of the last to get there's did complain , it took us about 6 weeks to complete some of them , so now we wont take more than 10 at a time so there is no problems with supplying

We just done our 5th group buy on scoobynet , go and see for your selfs for the results.

Please contact me with any questions or post on here and I'll reply

Cheers Ian

djp_y2k
25-11-03, 01:04 PM
Now Im interested in the brembo 4 pots and 325mm discs, espeacially if it works out to be ?750 or cheaper.

Doh just checked they are ?800 with group buy :(

djp_y2k
25-11-03, 01:42 PM
Lets sort out who actually wants to buy a set of brakes

Paste the list and add ur name

Dan (djp_y2k)
BigRuss

NovaNeil
25-11-03, 02:38 PM

Dan (djp_y2k)
BigRuss
NovaNeil (308mm Kit, to use with Astra Calipers ?425)

Ben
25-11-03, 05:50 PM
im not sure if Russ is having a set as he already has some. Just thought he set this up for other people.

dan16v
25-11-03, 07:55 PM

Dan (djp_y2k)
BigRuss
NovaNeil (308mm Kit, to use with Astra Calipers ?425)
dan16v 308mm 4pot kit

?Marty?
26-11-03, 03:07 AM
I'll buy a kit, but probably will get to miss out on the group buy, as i'm due to be without a job from this friday and dont want to dip into my savings. Tho i guess it's not a big deal, saving ?50 when you're spending hundreds.

I'll definitely buy a kit tho.

djp_y2k
02-12-03, 04:54 PM
so whats the verdict with the brakes then.

Is there any more people who want to buy some

NovaNeil
03-12-03, 12:24 PM
We just need one more person to put there name down don't we, then we can order them. :P

djp_y2k
03-12-03, 04:54 PM
come on people :D

Everyone who has a quick nova (well mine isnt quick :( ) wants some nice breaks to stop u.

And wots better than a nice set of 4 pots and 300mm disks or wot eva takes ur fancy. :D :D

And it CHEAP :roll:

NovaNeil
14-12-03, 01:36 PM
I've found a 5th buyer...... But its not for a Nova. Its my mate with a civic wants to know if he can have the 4 pot 325mm kit. Ian Godney you did say you can make brackets up for any car.... Can you do a kit for a 1995 M-Reg Civic???

NovaNeil
14-12-03, 01:38 PM
BIGRUSS could you contact Ian Godney and see if he can still do us a deal on these 5 kits people have asked for :?:

Cheers mate.

djp_y2k
15-12-03, 10:10 AM
I'm ready and waiting with my money.

I've decided to have the 325mm discs with 4 pots.

Ian Godney
15-12-03, 10:41 AM
Hi

Yes I can still offer you the discount on five kits , and yes I do a kit for the civic , I can fit them to just about any car

You can email me direct on ian@godspeedbrakes.co.uk or I will come back on here to see any replies

Cheers Ian

x-man
15-12-03, 04:31 PM
:arrow:

dan16v
15-12-03, 10:23 PM
lads why dont we post on mig aswell???

djp_y2k
16-12-03, 10:07 AM
could do.

Who is it limited to though.

And actually how many people have we who wants kits.

dan16v
16-12-03, 10:58 PM
think wed get a fair few off of mig, im gunna fork out the extra ?100 and get the brembo calipers

djp_y2k
17-12-03, 10:04 AM
yea the brembo's would be cool. Would like them to, just not sure if I can afford them. :(

Who wants to do the honours and post on mig then.

x-man
17-12-03, 02:36 PM

Ben
17-12-03, 03:01 PM
i wouldn't recommend it. there's quite a few stories about godspeed...

If your going to make remarks like that then please give facts to back them up.

You also hear bad stories about Regal/Courtenay and other major companies but cant belive them unless you can see or be told wht the problems are.

Foe example if Dan wanted to buy the Brembo kit- what exactly is there to wary of? Brembe manufacture brake calipers for major companies and they seem to be fine, why would it make a difference who supplies them?

For all we know you could work a company who supplies EBC or similar stuff that dosent want the business going that way.

Not saying your not correct but please back up wild aqusations with proof.

Ian Godney
17-12-03, 05:32 PM
X Man - instead of taking the cowards way and adding anonomous(sp) messages email me with any problem you may have heard about me and I will answer any questions you have , or are you trying to stir some kind of trouble up for some reason?

djp_y2k
17-12-03, 07:09 PM
As far as i'm concerned I'm still ordering a kit.
Need it quite soon though, but will try hold out for the group buy.

I have heard lots of good stuff about Godspeed.

U here bad comments about naerly every company out there. Doesnt stop u buying from them unless its something really bad.

x-man
18-12-03, 10:11 AM
I've heard of people getting deliveries late (many months) - if they arrive at all. County court judgements, people not having money returned and so on.

Unless a lot has changed i'm suspicious, though interested to hear any response.

Ben
18-12-03, 01:54 PM
I think if you read the whole post all these questions have already been answered.

x-man
18-12-03, 03:29 PM

Mark
18-12-03, 04:44 PM
Well x-man, you seem to 'hear' alot :roll:

The kit for my rally car fitted perfectly and I was kept informed of delivery shedule and I am 'personaly' very happy with godspeed.
:D

Ian Godney
18-12-03, 04:46 PM
X-man ,
I have 2 customers , one who sent his kit back after fitting it and another who we made a front and rear kit , we had never done one before and it did take time to design and build it , after it was done he wanted to cancel it and wanted his money back , as all our kits are made to order , you can choose the spec of the discs , and in some cases you can choose the colour of your calipers , if we make a kit to order then it cannot be cancelled , If you are refering to someone who hasn't had there kit then its there doing , as I have a couple of kits here collecting dust .

It would seem that you are deliberately coming on here to try and cause trouble , seeing as you have just joined , so stop hiding who you are and be more specific , I would say contact me direct but it just seems you want an audience..

We have just supplied 35 kits to the scoobynet member overs the last month so the ?30K we have spent on new machines recently was a good move , and is speeding things up a hell of a lot .

Cheers Ian

mark_GSi
24-12-03, 10:57 AM
hi

ive never ordered anything from godspeed but they seem to be well organised and have heard sum good stuff bout them.

i wouldnt mind a kit, gotta save first though :cry:

i would not let any1 put u off buying from diff people.

if you order it and it goes wrong then if i was any1 on here i would be straight down there to sort it (no matter how far, when u are spending that kind of dough) to sort it with the main bloke.

i had the same trouble with a bodyshop, went down there and had the owner in the office bout the cock up on my car.

besides the consumer is ALWAYS right and there are various goverment places that would help u out (trading standards ect)

hope this helps

Ian Godney
26-12-03, 12:17 PM
You are welcome to come here and have a look at what we do and how we make our kits beforehand , I'm sure that will put anyones mind at rest

Merry Christmas all

Ian

djp_y2k
26-12-03, 12:39 PM
write enough of the 'dont buy there stuff coz this and that'

Have we actually got 5 people or more yet that can order brakes.

I may have to order mine early if it wont be going ahead for a couple more weeks.

If so that will be one less person.

NovaNeil
31-12-03, 06:09 PM
I tried to phone Godspeed today but couldn't get through. I have two people interested in the group buy including myself. I'll will ring again on Friday and ask him if we can now order and get the discount. I will post again on Friday to let you know......

Neil

djp_y2k
01-01-04, 07:51 PM
Thats cool.

Just a idea. But I know near us, most people wont be going back to work untill monday.

So he may not start back till then.

NovaNeil
02-01-04, 07:25 PM
Yeah, kept getting answer phone.... Must be shut. I'll try again after the weekend.

dan16v
02-01-04, 10:13 PM
how many of us do we have now? is it us 3 or do u have 2 for deffo Neil

NovaNeil
04-01-04, 03:18 PM
Me (Neil)
Dan16v
Dan (djp_y2k)
BigRuss???
And my mate with the civic

So its just if BigRuss still wants some? As he posted that he did, but that was a while ago.

Ian Godney
05-01-04, 12:44 PM
Spoke to Big Rus and he's sorted , who want what then , if you want to email me direct and I can answer any questions and give costs ect ,

Cheers Ian

dan16v
05-01-04, 09:36 PM
im after 308mm cast 4pot set up with calipers in silver if poss? for my nova

djp_y2k
06-01-04, 09:10 AM
I emailed ian and he said that we can order the brakes now if we have all the people.

What shall we do.

Send him an email with the 5 people who want kits and what they want, we then send off cheques or which ever way you prefer to pay.

Or shall we all order our breaks separately.

Not sure how this works.

Ian Godney
06-01-04, 09:12 AM
Dan16v , Neil Robson and Daniel Carrington you all have mail
Cheers Ian

Ian Godney
06-01-04, 09:15 AM
What we usually do with the group buys is that people contact me direct for paymant and either posting or emailing me there orders , as there is only 5 of you then it wont take long at all , I have most parts here to make the kits , its just the caliper colours to sort from the orders

Cheers Ian

djp_y2k
17-01-04, 08:12 AM
Has everyone placed there orders for there brakes now?

dan16v
17-01-04, 11:32 AM
mynes just been sent :oops: ive been working lates this wk and totaly forgot about it but its sorted now should be on its way :D
so what did we all go for??!

NovaNeil
17-01-04, 12:22 PM
My mate (Dan Carrington, Civic) has placed his, and i'll be sending my cheque off later this week :D

djp_y2k
17-01-04, 08:11 PM
Cool. so that three already ordered, one about to be ordered, just leaves last set.

Money for mine has already come out of account so just waiting now. :)

Ian Godney
20-01-04, 07:40 AM
I have had 2 orders in so far , D.Payne and D Carrington(civic)

djp_y2k
21-01-04, 07:53 PM
Has the other three people not listed on ian Godney's reply sent payment yet.

Sorry to keep on but I am in desperate need of these breaks before the end of the month, and at the mo it looks like i may not get them before then.

If that is the case I will have to pay the extra and drop put of the group buy.

BigRuss
23-01-04, 12:25 AM
Sorry guys I haven't been on line for a while due to a problem with My computer, sorted now though :D .

Anyway I had My brakes of Ian just before Xmas, none of You will be dissapointed in the brakes You recieve, I guarantee it :o

NovaNeil
23-01-04, 07:32 AM
Posted Cheque this morning....... :D

So thats one less. Just one more payment to go then.

djp_y2k
23-01-04, 11:51 AM
Bigruss did you get yours as part of the group buy? or did you order yours separately.

NovaNeil
03-02-04, 12:31 PM
Hello,
Has anyone heard anything yet? I sent my cheque well over a week ago and the money hasn't gone out my account yet.... I've e-mailed Ian (@ Godspeed) and theres no reply :|

Ian Godney
03-02-04, 05:20 PM
Nova neil , I replied just after I got your message , I only received your cheque this morning , check your email.

Cheers Ian

djp_y2k
04-02-04, 04:28 PM
from wot i have been told he has only recieved three or maybe 4 cheques now.

Dont know who is left, but I have been offering to pay the extra so I am paying full price.

I have already had to cancel one booking with the car as I didnt have the brakes before the end of the month.

Ian
06-02-04, 11:29 PM
unstickying now need room.

dan16v
07-02-04, 04:32 PM
sorry i think its me! i gave it to my mum to post monday last week! but it was still in her car yesterday morning!, ive posted it now so it shouldnt be too long, i can post my mums email if you'd like to send her abusive emails :lol:

NovaNeil
07-02-04, 07:43 PM
Yeah.... Why not :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cool, so we're all sorted then.... New Brakes here we come :P

djp_y2k
09-02-04, 09:13 AM
Hurray. :D :D

Cant wait to get them. Seems like ages. :(

callyturbo
23-03-04, 07:55 PM
Hey guys just new to this forum, recently bought a calibra turbo.

Sorry to see the hastle your having with Godspeed Brakes. I seen an interesting thread in the peugeot sport forum about Godspeed a few days ago.
There were a LOT of unhappy customers of godspeed dating back 5 years, were they sent money off in the form of bankers drafts or straight into an account because they were told that the facilities for accepting credit cards werent working, well anyway these customers NEVER received their brakes and were trying to get there money back through courts and stuff, apparently the trading standards were looking into it.
The moderators deleted the thread because people were getting understandably annoyed at paying out a lot of money for NOTHING!! And Godspeed complained must have complained.

I hope this isnt the case with you guys, but it isnt looking too good.

NovaNeil
23-03-04, 07:59 PM
oh...... This ain't good!!!! Its been months and Months now! :(

I think Godspeed may be getting a little visit soon......

callyturbo
23-03-04, 08:05 PM
Yeah there were a few guys plaaning a trip to wales.
There was even a guy who paid over ?500 back in 1999, and he's still waiting!! Wonder wot kind of courier they were sent out on??
Good Luck

Phil_G
23-03-04, 08:58 PM
Yeah there were a few guys plaaning a trip to wales.
There was even a guy who paid over ?500 back in 1999, and he's still waiting!! Wonder wot kind of courier they were sent out on??
Good Luck

Hi

probably the Monty Python Carrier Swallow Company?

but the twine broke......

Phil

2litreturbo
23-03-04, 09:10 PM
I think Godspeed may be getting a little visit soon......
shall we all crise down there with no brakes and use the workshop to stop? obvioulsy not in our novas though.

supernova1
24-03-04, 12:25 AM
My god this companys customer service must be the worst ever going by these forums, If he sends the brakes at all, its with dodgy bolts that snap off, then he seem impossible to contact!! Check out the scoobynet forum.
I'm looking for big brakes for my GSi, Guess were I WONT be getting them from??

?Marty?
24-03-04, 02:19 AM

They placed a group booking, it was months before the first person got their order, and some people are STILL waiting. Some of the parts sent didn't even fit.

Guess i was right all along.

Sorry Ian, whatever you say now, i now KNOW it is just bullshit.

supernova1
24-03-04, 09:50 AM
At least Big Russ got his brakes eh. Who just happens to be, yeah you guessed it a rally driver from were else South Wales!
Its a shame Ian doesnt have to look you guys in the face every other week.
Who was it that started the Godspeed Group buy Thread anyway? :?

2litreturbo
24-03-04, 03:41 PM
BigRuss

supernova1
24-03-04, 04:53 PM
Hmmm really i wonder........

dan16v
24-03-04, 05:59 PM
could do with an email from ian to put peps mind at rest! :D

2litreturbo
24-03-04, 06:45 PM
This was Ians last comment.

I have had 2 orders in so far , D.Payne and D Carrington(civic)

It excuses after excuses.

He is not the only one that supplys these spec brakes. I am sure you can find similar ones are are fairly similar price if you look enough.

supernova1
24-03-04, 06:51 PM
Wot was big russ's last comment?
Maybe his computers not working again...

BigRuss
25-03-04, 02:48 AM
This whole episode is now a big embarassment to Me. I can't believe that this is still ongoing, I had My kit just before Xmas :o :o :o

Have to agree with all of You except one (which I will get back to!), I have had severael kits of Ian over the last severael Years. All of them have been good with no prob's at all, Yes I know him and Yes I do only live a few miles from him. Had I realised this was going to happen I would not have recommended it/him at all, Sorry Ian but this is crap mate.

To all of You who placed orders I officially apologise and ask You to please not judge Me by this. I will call to Godspeeds tomorrow and give an update when I get home - I don't tell lies and will tell You as it is.

supernova1, Are You suggesting something mate :?

Ian Godney
25-03-04, 07:56 AM
So ,
You have 2 new members on here spreading bullshit that you all believe , callyturbo was the main one doing all the shouting on the Puegeot site claiming to have ordered a kit off me 8 months ago and hadn't had it , he has not ordered a kit from me and for some reason is going around the sites slagging me off , he wont let me know who he is being a coward , but the nets closing in on you and you will be sorted , the crap he is spreading is lies , we do not have loads of customers waiting for kits

The customers who have ordered off me on this group buy know the score as I have been in touch with them by email or PM , we have the last 2 kits going out today and tomorrow , so do you Russ as you were in here earlier this week and seen there kits being worked on , why didn't you just say that on here , cheers mate..

To recap on this group buy , yes it has been a while getting it done , as we had to wait for the last order to come in , we had the scooby group buy in complete before yours , so they were done first , what do you want me to do , turn them away as they were first , sorry , but first come first served ,

Dan Payne will have his kit today so he can comment on here then.

Cheers Ian

NovaNeil
25-03-04, 12:22 PM
Cool, so your saying I'll defo have my Kit by the end of the week this time!? All I can say is I hope its worth the wait! :P

NovaNeil
25-03-04, 12:29 PM
Just to confirm.... Ian has PM'd me and said mine are the last being sent and they will go out tomorrow. So we'll see when they arrive, and as long as I get them... I'll be happy.

Ben
25-03-04, 01:29 PM
I know myself as many other members do, somethings do get held up for reasons beyond our control.

Godspeed are not a huge company and like many others suffer normal things like lots of others.

Has any considered that things do go wrong, Ian has never ignored anyone or disapeared of the face of the earth, he has got a company phone number, anyone could have quite easily rang him to discuss.

I must admit that having many people stirring up rubbish dosent help.

I am not sticking up for godspeed as i have never bought anything off them or ever met/spoke to ian.

I just know how annoying it can be when people dont give you chance to explain yourself and other people jump in on the act causing problems.

One of the funniest parts off all of this is about 18 months ago there were lots and lots of posts asking who/where Neil Oakley had disapeared to as he sold a lot of things and it took ages for people to get there parts etc.

I am not digging at that as there have been similar posts about me on a couple of forums, buti dont go shouting off about other people's slow service when its nothing to do with me.

supernova1
25-03-04, 01:47 PM
Big Russ sorry but I was only stating the obvious, and i'm glad to see you got your computer fixed in time to reply.
Ian I am not stirring shit at all, I think you are doing a very good job of that yourself!!
Yes I am currently new to this forum, but I am not new to other forums were your name has come up on numerous occasions, for very negative comments. For none delivery of orders, impossible to contact, sub standard workmanship etc etc etc etc.
Because I am new to the forum does not however mean that I am not entitled to veiw my concerns of the issues that I have read on numerous occasions.
I have not ordered from Godspeed in the past, and that is because I had very good advice from people who Had, to stay well clear of Godspeed.
I hope that everyone here receives the items that they have paid, and are waiting patiently for.
Although i do not think they will go away happy customers!! As history will prove.
Good Luck

callyturbo
25-03-04, 04:17 PM
Ian

Sorry but you are mistaken, it was not me that posted the thread on the peugeot forum, and i did not even post a comment on that thread.
Although i'm sure I could contact the people that were commenting on that thread, and tell them about this forum, if that is what you would like.
I think you must be getting a bit pananoid or something wot with casting nets and closing them in, wots that all about?

I merely commented on this forum as i thought it was strange that your name should come up on this site as well, again being attached to negativity.

I do not wish to be involved in any dealings of yours, or get dragged in to slagging anybody off, I was only noting that there are similiar problems on other forums.
I hope that the members get any issues they have resolved.

cheers

Ian Godney
25-03-04, 04:23 PM
Well isn't it a co-incidence that Mr Beer has a Calibra turbo and so have you ,and both names are talking about the same things . Deedee told me as you have been in contact with him , it just seems so obvious to me , so I will be in contact with you directly shortly. I will not be letting this go

callyturbo
25-03-04, 04:29 PM
Wonder how many turbos were sold?
At least the guy has good taste judgement anyway....
Would your time not be better used getting some brakes reconditioned instead of on here slagging me off?
I'm a vauxhall mechanic and would be an asset to this forum, and would appreciate you not bothering me, just because i made a comment you do not like on this forum.

Ben
25-03-04, 06:59 PM
I think the whole thing should be dropped until Dan etc get there brakes and then comment on them if they so wish.

Maybe lock the thread?

dan16v
25-03-04, 07:12 PM
i wasnt to bothered any way, as said these things take time, Ian gave us (or me) any dead cert dates they would be complete so ive got no probs!

try waiting 6months with pvd :lol:

Ian
25-03-04, 07:43 PM
we allow people to post their experiences of various companies on here, wheras on other sites you will find comments deleted, but i am curious as to why supernova1 and callyturbo have been posting from the same ip address?

Stuart
25-03-04, 07:46 PM
I'm a vauxhall mechanic and would be an ass to this forum

:lol:

djp_y2k
25-03-04, 08:42 PM
I have now recieved my brakes. Not under the circimstances I would have liked and deffinately not under the circumstances that Ian (godspeed) would have liked.

I will not go into details. If you are that bothered about it due to you thinking about buying brakes then I will explain over pm's.

I would like to add I am not going to spread any lies or rubbish because at the end of the day this is a mans business. It may need some sorting out on the customer service side of things, but other than things seem to be well done.

As for the brakes. They seem very well made. There are some grooves cut on the top which im not sure wot they are. (not on the face before anyone says anything :lol: ). Seem a bit odd where they are.

But I would have thought there is a reason for them being there. I am very happy with them.

Being an engineer I can say that they are built well not perfect, but more than up to the job.

As I said to ian it is a shame about the circumstances that the purchase went through.

Has anyone else recieved theirs yet. Will post pics up in the next couple of days

djp_y2k
25-03-04, 09:10 PM
Here are the pics. there not brilliant but you get the idea

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/339000-339999/339260_5_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/339000-339999/339260_7_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/339000-339999/339260_6_full.jpg

Put one on the car just to see wot they looked liked. nothing is done up so I hope nothing catches. Caliper is close to the wheel though

BigRuss
25-03-04, 09:45 PM
OK, here we go!!

I called around to Ian's today whilst on My travels, He told Me that djp_y2k's kit had been sent (See photos above). He was just finishing the bells for the kit with Silver calipers (which looked real good by the way!!) and the other kit was also on one of the benches there almost completed. I think one kit was being sent today and the other tomorrow.

He is not very happy with a few people but oddly it is none of the people that have had or ordered his brakes/kits, Make of that what You will :?:

From My own experience his brakes are very very good, his work is very very good and he is a busy person as a result of these facts and these facts alone. He does regular group buys with the Scoobynet, the Capri club and also supplies a lot of tuning firms who sell his brakes on to people that don't even know they are done by Godspeed.

There has been delays in funds/cheques getting to Him with regards this buy and he has had lots of orders and group buys since Xmas in between these staggered payments.

A bit strange that two new members suddenly appear and cause so much tension. Supernova1, I still don't like your tone by the way!

djp_y2k i think the grooves You refer to are done during the balancing process. Are they along the radius?

Phil_G
25-03-04, 11:47 PM
Wonder how many turbos were sold?

I'm a vauxhall mechanic and would be an asset to this forum, and would appreciate you not bothering me, just because i made a comment you do not like on this forum.

vauxhall mechanics nearly wiped out my G/fs C20XE so they dont rate too highly with me atm :S

and as for the comment I made about the courier service i hope that Ian and Co took it as it was intended - a light hearted reference to Monty Python and an attempt to lighten up a thread full of aggro..

thanks

Phil

djp_y2k
26-03-04, 07:29 AM
yea think so.

That would make sense.

Thought they must be there for some reason

Cheers Bigruss

NovaNeil
26-03-04, 09:07 AM
djp_y2k.... What size did you you go for in the end? 325mm? I thought you were getting the Brembo's? They (the discs) look the part... even behind your huge rims!

Jack
26-03-04, 09:14 AM
but i am curious as to why supernova1 and callyturbo have been posting from the same ip address?

Busted! :lol:

Ian Godney
26-03-04, 10:05 AM
Just like his neck will be when I catch up with the little scrote !

Ben
26-03-04, 11:02 AM
lmao

Glad to see things are being sorted.

dan16v
26-03-04, 11:23 AM
the silver ones were myne! cant wait to see them! 308mm behind 16's should look top! :D

djp_y2k
26-03-04, 07:18 PM
went for the 325mm ones.

Couldnt really afford the brembo's in the end so went for the normal 4 pots.

Looking at the brakes I think I may start making my own for my other cars, if I can get hold of some rotors.

Save me a lot of money.

supernova1
27-03-04, 09:36 AM
Busted aint my cup of tea!!!
Yeah sure wotever you say Ian, you know all about being busted by the courts anyway.
You's dont have your brakes yet u know.
Theres no helping some people, i'll just leave my case to the trading standards.

Nite

dan16v
27-03-04, 04:20 PM
brakes recieved! worth the wait! top product and company! :lol:

mikesri
27-03-04, 05:23 PM
lmao they look top dollar to me!! Very well made i'd say!! :D :D

Jules
27-03-04, 08:38 PM
brakes recieved! worth the wait! top product and company! :lol:

Do 308mm's fit behind 16"s?
I always though that 300mm was pretty much the max for 16" rims?

/me is thinking of when he needs new discs for the GSi (Would 300's fit under 16" Softstars?)

NovaNeil
28-03-04, 08:27 PM
Depending what 16" wheel you have and which caliper you use you can fit up to 325mm behind 16's!!! :o Ian Sent me a pic of his Rally car on 16's with 325mm and AP calipers.... as I was septical of the 308mm kit I've brought fitting!