PDA

View Full Version : colour change

Stanton
19-11-03, 07:09 PM
has anyone got any wierd colours or ideas for my colour change (wierd as in different not arrestable kinda wierd)

im thinking a kinda peugeot antelope beige?

this
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/gary_white/photoshops/mod1redgtemmodsmodsmoothslam.jpg

but this colour
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/gary_white/other%20novas/watermark3.jpg

also maybe gold accessories with it and me anthracite wheels?

wot ya rekon?

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
19-11-03, 07:14 PM
IMO id kept it red mate looks alot better than that bottom nova colour.

Stanton
19-11-03, 07:20 PM
red novas r a bit 2 common :cry:

i got a vw violet purple shell so it might end up that colour?

Jules
19-11-03, 08:37 PM
I like the idea of that pale cream colour, not keen on the gold detailing, but with dark rims / bumpers in that beige it would look real retro-custom (Or "Cal-look" as us old VW types used to say!!)
:D

Stanton
19-11-03, 08:39 PM
I like the idea of that pale cream colour, not keen on the gold detailing, but with dark rims / bumpers in that beige it would look real retro-custom (Or "Cal-look" as us old VW types used to say!!)

perfect wot im after is the old skool cal look. ne more ideas?

Jules
19-11-03, 08:49 PM
Just do what you suggested, pale beige, grey wheels and bumpers, no skirts, as minimal as possible on the exterior (Although I'd get a GSi roof spoiler).
Would look so cool.

?Marty?
20-11-03, 01:16 AM
only to a nova enthusiast.

pickle
20-11-03, 03:33 AM
i've seen a few a few skoda fabia's driving about like an orangy brown metalic colour. i cant find a photo o one, but they look unique.

Stanton
20-11-03, 07:49 AM
how about that beige colour and istead of anthracite wheels and bumpers a really dark brown? brown leather on the inside awell?

RJM25R
20-11-03, 08:44 AM
PORSCHE ARCTIC SILVER (VERY BRIGHT) AND ANTHRACITE BITS.. VERY EURO=VERY COOL!

DON'T DO THE VW VIOLET COLOUR IT WILL LOOK TOO MUCH LIKE MY OLD CAR! RIP!

dan_mk1
20-11-03, 12:59 PM
how about that beige colour and istead of anthracite wheels and bumpers a really dark brown? brown leather on the inside awell?

not brown! wheels and bumpers in anthracite would look cool

Stanton
20-11-03, 07:51 PM
rite then beige/cream it is then.
anyone got ne xact colours?

(i must b bloody mad)

chenco
20-11-03, 10:38 PM
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/gary_white/other%20novas/watermark3.jpg

Is this photo real or photoshopped coz its really low. If that had a decent bumper on, it would touch the ground.

jkhilton
20-11-03, 10:43 PM
my first nova 1.2 was that beige colour.

Mark
20-11-03, 10:43 PM
It's photoshopped, there was a post about a week ago about photoshopped cars.....

Stanton
20-11-03, 10:46 PM
indeed its a shop.

so beige it is then, and antracite bumpers/wheels

dave.gsi
20-11-03, 10:54 PM
sorry but am i the only one whos sane in this post. :o

your going to paint that nova beige with grey bumpers :!:

are you completely off your rocker??

jkhilton
20-11-03, 10:57 PM
lmao! you're not the only one that thinks that is insane!! my first nova looked tatty, mainly because it was beige. When I got it, it had no rust on the bodywork at all, but it still looked rough.

Stanton
20-11-03, 11:04 PM
lol, i can see where u guys r cummin from.

i wanna a show car. needs to be diferent. needs to make peeps think wtf??

i think this post has proved this.

u might thinkts its a beige shitter from the outside but it will (hopefully) have a screemer of a 1600 in it to give a bit of lairyness to the grandad painwork.

or maybe i am mad?? :?

jkhilton
20-11-03, 11:13 PM
lol, I think it will definately make people think wtf!, but at the same time it will be a different colour from pretty much any other show nova.

chenco
20-11-03, 11:16 PM
I think your a little mad. Go for it if you want, I'm all for originality but won't it look like a dirty rusty white Nova.

peester
20-11-03, 11:31 PM
you'de have to un-dress :o youre gte to turn it into a base looking model. otherwise i think eager eyes will spot the idea. a gte/gsi or any mk2 thats mintly resprayed hearing-aid beige (and wasn't ever that colour originally) isn't a slow unsuspecting shopper. base mk1's in that colour could trick them. like the 2nd photo of that mk1. despite the lowered and extended valence doesn't look like it could go quick. so yours would need to be demoted. which would be wierd. i guess.

Stanton
20-11-03, 11:36 PM
mmm, tru.

hearing ais beige and sum gte kit i think, but the kit in a darker grey not anthracite with matching 15s and an almighty slamming?

ive esablished its gunna b beige but wot about the inteior?

im thinkin tweed buckets and door cards and a bit of carbon splashed about in a stripped out cabin with a polished cage?

stripped out, no carpet, but keep the gte spec electrics and leccy sunroof?

decisions.......decisions....... :?:

dave.gsi
20-11-03, 11:38 PM
tweed buckets

christ, i thought it couldnt get any worse

but it did :!:

Cara
20-11-03, 11:40 PM
i think you should go for a colour thats bright and bold and that will turn heads 8) like a flourescent green :lol: :lol:

peester
20-11-03, 11:43 PM
for the back a dog seat throw. put it this way youre about the best photosnapper ive ever seen do some colour varieties then post different ideas on here. we'll help. :D not.

Stanton
21-11-03, 12:02 AM
do some colour varieties then post different ideas on here. we'll help. not.

:lol:

k id better get busy then, ill put sum diff combos up 4 ya. then give me sum opinions?

Mark
21-11-03, 06:45 AM
Nova sport seats! (Brown Check) :o

Stanton
21-11-03, 12:05 PM
Nova sport seats! (Brown Check)

i like,

mayb rst recaros in brown check

RJM25R
21-11-03, 12:37 PM
Burberry check fixed-back buckets.............

ARSE KICKER!

dan_mk1
21-11-03, 12:57 PM
please no burberry! ill fucking pay you not to have burberry!
i fucking hate burberry! :evil:

ken
21-11-03, 06:10 PM
why not just go and buy a clean beige 1.2 and source some early style brown recaro interior. Personally i think it would look shit your idea, spending all that money for people 2 say that looks shit and your reaction 2 be it goes well though. if you want a sleeper colour wise try looking at the vee dub scene.As for the interior i was thinking of a retrim in chocolate brown leather with cream piping and cream leather/alacantra centres that would look posh, then with the sutle look a nice pearl,cream,beige white with anthracite wheels with a few chrome goodies . How posh would that be and a prpoer show stopper but not so sleeper like you want . Dont mean to be crude about your idea but your photoshop pics looks good. Let me know what you think of my idea, also let me know when you have finished it.

peester
21-11-03, 06:50 PM
blah blah ... Personally i think it would look s**t your idea, spending all that money for people 2 say that looks s**t and your reaction 2 be it goes well though. if you want a sleeper colour wise try looking at the vee dub scene.As for the interior.....blah blah

wot!? veedub scene? if that aint an insult rs.....veedub my eye.
okay ken what makes veedubs such good street sleepers?

Jules
21-11-03, 06:59 PM
Sorry people - IT WILL LOOK GOOD!!!

Beige paint, grey GTE bumpers, grey grille, grey alloys, early brown SR checked Recaros stripped out rear, Roll cage (Not chrome - go for grey like bumpers etc or matt black), de-badged, single wiper, chrome engine dress up parts........

Come on people open your mind, think of something different, we've had Jap kits, we've seen the Euro style and we've got the standard-concours-modded look, how about a Cal-Look Nova?
If you don't know what 'Cal-look' means then look at some some Cal-look VWs on the 'net.

RS - Go for it, I honestly believe it'll get a good reaction from a lot of people and I thibnk generally Nova people like us will give it the thumbs up (Well I will at least!!)
:+:

peester
21-11-03, 07:04 PM
ok lets leave this until he's waved his magic photoshop wand over his car looking like jules' description. im sure he's beavering away as we speak. or post.

Ben
21-11-03, 09:47 PM
Its kind of a similar colour to the original MK1 "Gazelle" colour like the ex "Vauxstyle" show car with the C16 XE with Mantzel engine in (now in our workshop waiting for us to wrap Phils car round it).

Car looked OK but did look dated and not retro.

dave.gsi
21-11-03, 11:23 PM
i can see the questions at next years show season.............. nice car mate...........when are you getting the interior done?

errrm, i'm not, i like the brown check.....................

oh. o.k then :o

Mark
22-11-03, 12:07 AM
Leave the brown check recaro's alone, they are nice!

jkhilton
22-11-03, 04:24 AM
What about this........

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/555/metro.jpg

LMFAO!

:lol: :roll:

Mark
22-11-03, 10:04 AM
noooooooooooooooooo :!:

Just brown check seats in a beige or brown Nova, or similar colour...

chenco
22-11-03, 11:50 AM
WOAH!!!! Tell me thats a very good photoshop. That's insane. Why would someone do that to a car? Would have cost loads too. Some people are so crazy!!!! :?

Stanton
22-11-03, 02:39 PM
lol

me m8 jus had an idea. were thinkin beige outside etc....brown leather recaros...

and a huge fook off sub in a picnic basket type enclosure?

i think im gunna get sum billet aluminum handles for the boot/doors?