PDA

View Full Version : slim fast

Jon_nova1
19-11-03, 03:43 PM
as part of my car's slim fast i want to cut out the sheet of metal between the battery/windscreen motor etc and the engine before i do this can anyone think of a logical reason for this being here in the first place i want to know incase it's some sort of vauxhall safety effort :lol:

Jules
19-11-03, 04:03 PM
I would guess it's there to help prevent the engine sitting on your lap in the event of a heavy shunt - Personally I'd leave it just incase.......
:?

j1400
19-11-03, 05:10 PM
It would be there to stop engine odours form entering the cabin as the heater fan sits in there, it's been taken off on ppls cars where they want to run longer trumpets for TB's, but you have to scrap your heater fane and block off the hole, anf figure out a new vent route, like roof

Philsutton
19-11-03, 05:21 PM
personally i'd leave it where it is.

Jon_nova1
22-11-03, 08:47 AM
well iv'e already scrapped the heater fan (before i thought of taking it off) but i'm keeping the radiator so if there's any other reason please say i don't think the engine has anything to do with it because it sit's lower than the metal plate

j1400
22-11-03, 01:08 PM
Do you mean the heater matrix?? If your taking the fan off then the heatermatrix is redundant too as is extra weight to carry. Go for it, you going to relocate the battery to the boot aswell??

peester
22-11-03, 06:45 PM
you not wrong mate lite is rite. more performance, better fuel, better handling. if it can be removed; remove it. obviously keep youre radiator as you say.

beatin u
23-11-03, 05:37 PM
http://david16v.250free.com/cutbulk.jpg

Jon_nova1
23-11-03, 11:54 PM
Do you mean the heater matrix?? If your taking the fan off then the heatermatrix is redundant too as is extra weight to carry. Go for it, you going to relocate the battery to the boot aswell??

Yep that's the one. i was thinking about the battery today too and will relocate to the boot

j1400
24-11-03, 12:02 AM
Me too, just haven't got round to buying the wires to extend to the boot.

What have you done about ventilation??

Ste_Nova
24-11-03, 11:36 AM
where u gonna attach the wiper motor to?

Phil GTE
24-11-03, 12:28 PM
http://dogsworldwide.com/~neil/images/Austin/bay.JPG

Like that?

Jon_nova1
24-11-03, 04:41 PM
ventilation, i'll either buy a little fan to put inside the dash or move the radiator effort and build it into the top of the dash and make it level, but put mesh or something over it so people can't burn themselves and in such away i won't get burnt plastic, just a quick idea for reply but sounds pretty good. critisism welcome :lol:

Jon_nova1
24-11-03, 04:44 PM
oh and for the wiper motor i could either make a custom bar and move the motor out of sight (because it's ugly) or make a custom holder (can't think of the real name, i'm tired)

beatin u
24-11-03, 08:11 PM
uno or ax single wiper motor.

Jon_nova1
26-11-03, 05:54 PM
nice 1! ive got the heater ventilation sorted (i think) ive cut out the vent's and piping where it all connected together so there are the holes from before in the top of the dash for the ventilation the air should be able to get through these much easier do you think this will be ok