PDA

View Full Version : Bad news

CP
18-11-03, 11:57 PM
I havent been Richard Burns biggest fan - he's always seemed to be alright whilst the going is good but a bit of a nancy when it isnt.
However I was shocked to hear that he has a suspected brain tumour.
It could explain a lot recently. Lets hope he can get sorted OK and get back to rallying ASAP cos he is still a massive talent. I wish him well.

In an ironic twist of fate McCrash who has had a dire time of it at Citroen and seemed to be heading out of top flight rallying maybe taking Burns seat at Scooby :o

peester
19-11-03, 12:05 AM
that is bad. still good going for a person that unwell. was lookin forward to him driving the scooby. mcrae might as well have the seat to fill in i suppose.

BigRuss
19-11-03, 12:20 AM
Don't rule out Marko Martin, You heard it hear first!!

benji
19-11-03, 01:06 AM
McCrash, lol, is doing the dakar rally next year.

Mark
19-11-03, 06:46 AM
I feel bad for Richard..

I would like to see Colin in the Subaru..

The Ford is good enough to take Marko to the top, he should stay there..

jkhilton
19-11-03, 07:08 AM
That explains why he passed out on the motorway driving to the rally the other week.

Rick Draper
19-11-03, 11:07 AM
McRae has signed for the paris dakar rally with Nissan and Ford are yet to commit to WRC next season due to the budget not been sorted, they will make a announcment this week at some point. If ford only do half a season Marko will go to Subaru, if ford do a full season Marko will stay there and Mcrae, Harri Rovenpera and Allister Mcrae are all in with a shout and Dave Richards is a big fan of Colin as he knows the draw and the media attention subaru and prodrive would get from him. Rick

brian
19-11-03, 07:38 PM
I was shocked to hear this too.
I never was a big fan of Richard.....growing up as a fan of Colin with all the media shit between them over the years but I met Richard in a club after Rally GB last year and he was such a friendly guy. came away from his group for photos with us and chatted for a while with us! My opinion changed from that moment on and i hope to see him back in a Rally car in 2005.