PDA

View Full Version : JP or Tube torque exhausts???

Chris S
18-11-03, 12:21 AM
JP or Tube torque exhausts???
herd good things about both. has any 1 had an exhaust made from them?
wot kind of tailpipes do they do?
Cheers for any feedback

Chris S

8) :lol:

Chris S
19-11-03, 12:45 AM
anyone???? :roll:

Jim
19-11-03, 08:30 AM
I've had an exhaust sytem made by Tube Tourque. They are really nice lads. I think it's 'Mark' that runs the company, top bloke, very friendly, but...when me and a couple of lads got under my car to look at repositioning the exhaust it turns out that it wasn't as tidy a job as it could have been. My brother has also had an exhasut from Tube Torque, but that was for a 1970 Corvette Stingray and he was much happier with the system than I was.

I've only ever heard good things about JP, so I'd personnaly be tempted to get an exhasut from there just so I can actually compare the two companies.

I think the main difference is JP use fewer bits of pipe and try and bend the pipe round the chassis, whereas Tube Torque will cut bits of pipe and join/weld them round the chassis.

I was more than happy with my system from Tube Torque, the sound was great and it was nice to have a "custom made system", just a shame it wasnt as tidy as it could have been underneath.

Jim

Dicko
19-11-03, 10:07 AM
JP are more expensive and usualy have a huge waiting list, but tube torque are ok aswell.

Chris S
20-11-03, 01:40 AM
me and 1 of mates went to them both today. he wants an exhaust for his YB Mk1 scort. (in the region of spending at least ?750 between us) only thing i can say is THE BLOKE AT TUBE TORQUE WAS A COMPLETE AND UTTER TVVAT!!!
i walked up the yard and herd him say,
"Lets bring this fuker inside"
pause
i said "scuse me mate, can i speak to someone about an exhaust?.

HIM "wot cars it for?"

ME "Nova"
he started laughing.

HIM "wot engine?"

me "calibra turbo"
he gigles

ME "wots so funny?"

him"wot is it? afukin courtney job?" giggles

ME "no, ive done it."
he starts laughin

HIM "wot mounts u used"

ME "standard ones"

HIM" laughs and shouts his mate over. "U herd this ****, turbo in a nova on standard mounts!" his mate dint say owt."

ME " wot is your fukin problem?? not me who wants to lose out on business is it pal??"
just looked at em both, i turned away and just comments that he's a pr1ck and tootles off out of the gate.

i mean wot a total no6.
went to JP after and they was a sound set of lads. spoke to big rik, he showed me round the workshops and talked me threw the process.he doing mine and my mates fron now on.

Rant over

Jim
20-11-03, 08:03 AM
Strange, I never had a problem with the service, just the quality wasn't as good as I hoped.

Jim