PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 downpipes

mazza
17-11-03, 02:33 PM
is there any difference between the downpipes on a mk1 1.3 sr and a mk2 1.3 sr???? like if one has a cat then is the bracket for the rest of the system at a different angle? im trying to work out why the f**k my frikin system wont fit and y it pokes out the side of my car at 45 degrees, this has been stopping me from driving for like a month!!

Ste_Nova
17-11-03, 02:35 PM
all sr systems are interchangeable

as are sri/gte/gsi ones

but i ones won't fit on the carbed cars

mazza
17-11-03, 02:46 PM
ok, that makes more sense now, didnt think you could get a 1.3 injection tho?!?!? oh wel. cheers for that

Will
17-11-03, 03:49 PM
MK1 tailpipes stick out at an angle (except GTE)

MK2 tailpipes stick out straight

with regards to cats these were only fitted on late GSI's and all SRI's

They didnt make a mk 1.3 it was switched to 1.4 SR in late 89 and then mk2 1.4 SR then later 1.4 sri

wot system have you got? if your car is mk1 its mean to stick out at that angle, most ppl dont like it but its not a mistake, lol

will :D

a2lt16v
17-11-03, 03:59 PM
dont think they made a 1.3 sr mark 2 mines a mk1 1.3 sr and the tail pipe doesnt sit at an angle

mazza
17-11-03, 04:02 PM
no i mean it literally sticks out the SIDE of the car! asin under the passenger door!!!! its an ashley system for a 1.3, and iv got a 1.3 manifold and downpipe, and a 1.6 manifold and downpipe, and both have the same shape, no difference, one guy said they were slightly different but they are the same.
im just gonna try and send it back or sell it now and get the system for a gsi so it matches my 1.6 manifold. spent almost 200 on exhaust bits and none fit, oh wel. jst means iv gotta ride my bmx for a bit longer :roll:

mazza
17-11-03, 04:03 PM
good way to do side exit zorst tho! he he

Ste_Nova
17-11-03, 04:07 PM
1.3 and 1.6 down pipes are different

SKoob
17-11-03, 04:31 PM
yeah I found that out, becoue my 1.6 system doesn't fit my 1.3SR car

mazza
17-11-03, 04:35 PM
so how come my 1.6 and 1.3 downpipes make the rest of my system poke out at a crazy angle and how come they are the same!!!! unless someone fucked up and my 1.3 downpipe is in fact a 1.4sri downpipe. AAGH confusion! fuck it!

anyone wanna buy an ashley system for a 1.3??? :lol:

Mark
17-11-03, 04:38 PM
which ashley system is it?

SKoob
17-11-03, 04:40 PM
i'll have it, i got the sportex manifold :D

a2lt16v
17-11-03, 04:51 PM
you can put 1.6 manifold on 1.3 as long as you have the 1.6 middle section and back box the 1.3back box is different form a 1.6 back box. the 1.6 middle section is much shorter thus making the 1.6 back box have very long connecting peice which bends up right over the axle

1.3 back box short connecting peice
1.3 middle sections goes over axle to meet back box

1.6 back box goes up over axle to meet middle section
1.6 middle section very short with two boxes

this meaans if you put a 1.3 back box on 1.6 middle section it will come out infront of back wheel.

i think this is what is happening to you its not the manifold thats the problem its your combination of middle sections and back boxes

SKoob
17-11-03, 04:54 PM
I know what maza means. The problem is that the 1.6 blok is bigger so the mafifold doesn't go so far beahind the engine as on the 1.3. The system he has will of been angled to compensate this hence when its connected to the 1.3 system it goes out to the side. Had the same trouble with mine :cry: spent all afternoon underneath trying to see why.

mazza
17-11-03, 05:02 PM
its for a 1.3, got it from jondel motorsport couple of weeks ago for ?100

if i cant send it back i'll need to sell it, offers? never used! :)

SKoob
17-11-03, 05:03 PM
i'm serious I'll make you an offer on it.

Jon_nova1
17-11-03, 05:54 PM
good way to do side exit zorst tho! he he

i was thinking that seriously! will it look good after use of hacksaw does fit without rubbing on anything it's ok i can do bracket's myself

mazza
18-11-03, 01:46 AM
sorry too late my mates already claimed the system :D

as for side exit. i used an elastic strap with hooks on it and wrapped it round to hold it up while i was playing with it trying to get it to fit, it just sits v.v.close to the ground, car is lowered 60mm tho on standard wheels, was quite funny having it poke out the side! it was frikin loud, being just downpipe and 1 metre of 2 inch wide mild steel, had a nice glug glug glug glug glug noise to it. he he, all ya need is a gte downpipe and that first section of the system and it comes to about half way along the side of the car, then id imagine you can just weld a tailpipe on the end or bolt one on or whateva and hey presto 5 min side exit zorst!

mazza
18-11-03, 02:08 AM
errrrrr, yeah, so, erm, that means, erm, rite, yeah, headfuck, errr.

so if i have a 1.2 engine with a 1.6 manifold and downpipe can i get an ashley system for a 1.6 and expect it to fit? does anyone have one for a 1.6 and does it include everything upto the springy bracket on the downpipe, i dont wanna get it and find iv got to fit some more boxes and stuff to make it fit. just straight through pipe from the bracket on the downpipe no messin about????

im gonna phone up ashley and order it 2day (tuesday) if it will fit. i wanna be sure tho, im gagging to give my car a rag and if i buy it and its wrong again im gonna put a brick through something! :evil: