PDA

View Full Version : 2LITRE 16V WHAT TO DO

a2lt16v
17-11-03, 10:10 AM
AM I BETTER PAYING OUT FOR GASFLOWED HEAD, CAMS AND THROTTLE BODIES OR JUST GET IT TURBO'D WHAT GONNA BE BETTER RESULT AND ARE THE TURBO'S RELIABLE IT WILL BE DONE BY PROPER COMPANY angry turbo company 300BHP with launch control i cant decided

also me and my mate have started a website . its only a forum at the monet but need more visitors with ideas etc. its open for all types of cars were hoping to get a galleries up info meetings organise show meets. just go look and sign up needs kicking off not many people at the moent trying to spread the word. www.boyracing.co.uk

Nova-Flair
17-11-03, 11:01 AM
personally i would go turbo'd but supposedly they aint that reliable

djp_y2k
17-11-03, 05:54 PM
I thought u were selling ur car.

I would say valver on throttle bodies. will roar. :D

a2lt16v
18-11-03, 12:12 PM
tried selling it no ones interested in it. no one looked had a few people wanting to buy just the shell. someone wanted it to put a pulsar engine in (very interesting) would have like to have sold it just to see how that would have worked.!! dont think people like the color not to everyones taste i suppose. will just continue to fiddle with it. what bhp will i get from cams, throttle bodies and gas flowed head. the turbo converwsion would be ATC one getting on for 300bhp if i go for that

dave.gsi
18-11-03, 12:26 PM
tried selling it no ones interested in it.

then it must have been overpriced. lower the price and ppl will come

a2lt16v
18-11-03, 12:33 PM
i started at 4k then wnet down two 3k with the 2 litre engine had it for 2k in local papers just dont think novas are ging for what they used to

dave.gsi
18-11-03, 12:36 PM
someone will pay 2K for that (esp with a 16V in it)

a2lt16v
18-11-03, 12:42 PM
its been out of body shop for about 2 months after 2 and a half years wait restoring time. its has brand new genuine wings doors bonnet boot lights grill everything really. all new suspensioon and complete powerflex bush every where. brand new engine mount TAS ones completely seam welded engine bay, and the rest of whats in photo. waited so long i think i grew out of it or something just haven't got the interest there that i had when i started but i have got over 8000 receipts to make me miserable

djp_y2k
18-11-03, 12:57 PM
If you cant sell that for 4k then Im surprised.

There are nova near me which are selling well easy and they are shocking.

One was a 1.2, did look nice, but was starting to show its age sold for 2k (no way near the quality of urs)

Then another one. A red 1.4 sr with 17's sold for 3.5k. I couldnt believe it.

Keep trying. Nothing wrong with the colour, looks wicked to me.

dave.gsi
18-11-03, 01:42 PM
only thing i dont like on that car is the rear bumper and rear lights.

a2lt16v
18-11-03, 02:13 PM
if thats my rear lights they are shitty ones that i took of my saloon the back bumper sticks out too much aswell im not keen on it but made it because no one else will have it i have another one in mind just sorting money out as im busy with engine at the moent.

?Marty?
18-11-03, 02:22 PM
The cars well nice, should be able to get at least ?3.5k for it. Dont give up so quickly!

Have you advertised it for sale and where? Just your local press isn't enough tbh.

I've had offers of around ?3.5k for mine, so you should easily be able to get that.

rear bumper - leave it, LOTS of people said that it's their favourite part on the car, and as you said - no others about.

website - looks good. Though, to me, it's a forum rather than a site as such. But that's just how i categorise things. Looks good though. Nice and clean.

a2lt16v
18-11-03, 02:29 PM
www.boyracing.co.uk has not been open long. it is just a forum at the moment. more sections will be added like galleries but at the moment will be a bit crap wiv just mine and my mates car in it. sections like guides reveiws of cruises, meets and other stuff will be there. also wanna put a section up for people to post picturess of badly done cars with neon washer jets massive wings stuff like that all for a bit of fun bit like weirdo corner in max power. hopefully it will be good when it kicks off just spreadig the word really. its for any cars not just novas