PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Speed Cameras.

Hodgeheg
16-11-03, 09:57 PM
Just passed my test, going about 65 in a 60 zone 10pm at nite. Looked in my mirror and saw a kinda light flash, not really a camera flash, coming from sumwhere at theside of the road, it was going down a hill so it's hard to tell if it was ground level e.t.c I'd say it was a reasonable distance behind me.

Anyone know anythin about speed cameras, it's not a fixed one. I never thought that the handheld laser traps Flashed ???? plus i went back within 10 mins and there wasn't a sign of anyone there. I didn't see a cop car, n they're reflectiv so i wouln've spotted it. ANyone know if i was got wen a fine comes ? it's 3 points isn't it ? wot about the 10% leway ?

Not really techincal, but better than any of the other forums !

peester
16-11-03, 11:58 PM
thats the trouble with this country mate. next time (probably tommorow) you'll get that annoyed you'll lose concentration and crash. cause more trouble than safety. mobile ones (you say wasn't fixed) are less reliable; i got snapped on way to trax 2002 (ruined my day) but nothing came thru. you'll just have to wait. maybe you where tired (10pm) and halusinated (spelling) it.

shabba16
17-11-03, 03:44 AM
speed cameras really piss me off , just cash points 4 the gov init? PRESCOT TAKES IT UP THE REAR WITHOUT FEAR :lol:

Jon_nova1
17-11-03, 03:50 AM
it was night so it may have been a reflection from a street light when you went downhill, i can't imagine coppers being out at 10 there won't be enough action

LiD0N
17-11-03, 12:52 PM
or a firework maybe?

Gazza14SR
17-11-03, 01:30 PM
i can't imagine coppers being out at 10 there won't be enough action

i got done by a laser gun at about 1:30 in the morning (over a yr ago now)

Ste_Nova
17-11-03, 01:41 PM
wot about the 10% leway ?
!

you used that by your speedo showing 65

Aragorn
17-11-03, 03:28 PM
a mobile gatso is about all thats gonna flash and they prolly wouldnt move that within 10mins

plus you'd have seen it/the operators police car/van

happened to me months ago on the motorway, turn out it was a camera on the other carridgeway and i was worrying for a few days till i went back along there in the light and noticed it was on the other side of the motoway

sounds like its either another cars headlightscoming over the brow of the hill or a firework or summat

Chris LR
18-11-03, 04:37 PM
My Dad got done by a Camera Van 2 weeks ago. It was sneakey.

A white van had been parking by the side of an A road for about 2 weeks, when they guys had finished working on a house, the Pigs parked their own white camera van in the same place.

Dad reckons they had loads of people becasue he wasn't going any faster than other people.

It's rare to have a flash these days, loads of cameras are digital, and the film always gets used up in the flash ones so they rarely flash.