PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question (1.6 early gsi)

Zak16v
15-11-03, 09:29 PM
Hey, i have a full magnex stainless on my nova gsi and i am thinking about fitting this exhaust on to the back of it, doing away with the 3" inward rolled pipe:

http://www.boomspeed.com/djreaxion/backbox.jpg

Do you guys reckon it will sound louder/better? And if the magnex is made for performance will fitting that back box muck things up?

I noticed the back box is straight through and the magnex has the big square silencer and is kinda bent in places so maybe the new box will help the gas flow quicker?

Any input would be great, cheers!

dave.gsi
15-11-03, 09:43 PM
shiiiney lol

will probably sound better/louder as magnex tend to be quiter than most makes

epo
16-11-03, 08:15 AM
i took me back box and front silencers out in favour of my straight through system as me magnex was so quiet and looked shite in my opinion

Philsutton
16-11-03, 05:59 PM
should sound louder anyway, would have thought the back box would stick out at an angle as it has no bends in it.

Zak16v
16-11-03, 07:14 PM
When i get the guys at c+c exhausts to fit the box i will get them to modify a pipe to make it sit straight for me, so should still fit straight!

(Rather than butcher the magnex system im goin to get them to remove the whole magnex rear box and fit the canister to the system with a new length of pipe)

Ill see how it goes!