PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger

Funkdocta
15-11-03, 11:01 AM
Aright all,

This has probably been asked many times before but I had a quick look and couldn't see anything.

Everyone i've spoken to sais that a supercharger conversion is better over a turbo conversion and with the explanations this sounds about right. Has anyone ever had a Nova GTE engine converted with a Supercharger??? I've heard it's not easy coz of emissions? Does anyone know of any companies that do the conversion???

Thanks

fo0q
15-11-03, 11:46 AM
i cant see the point really .. the charger would sap alot of power from the engine.. only really good for big engines.

superchargers are belt driven off the engine there fore takin alot ofthe power away. just like air con on newer cars. plus i dont think there would be much room at the front or back of the engine on the belt side for a charger.

id go for turbo.

Funkdocta
15-11-03, 01:36 PM
I saw one of those limited edition VW (think Golf) 1.3ltr engine with a supercharger and that was silly quick with no lag at all! True i've heard superchargers are at thier best on bigger engines but surely the power made compromises the losses same as a turbo.

Really need to find a company that does these conversions to get their advice???

Tazzy
15-11-03, 01:55 PM
to add a supercharger, youre looking at abuot ?3k, i wanted one, but now realise what a pain in the rectum it would be, and the money spent on it just wouldnt be worth it!

VW had a G40 supercharger on their 1.3 polo, and they made a G60 for the golf, as well as Lexmaul (i think) have made a supercharger for the Vaux V6!

NovaNeil
15-11-03, 03:34 PM
Yes it would indeed be pointless! More expensive than Turbo, not as efficient! And a 1.6 with small Turbo has virtually no lag anyway!!!

Phil_G
15-11-03, 07:55 PM
I saw one of those limited edition VW (think Golf) 1.3ltr engine with a supercharger and that was silly quick with no lag at all! True i've heard superchargers are at thier best on bigger engines but surely the power made compromises the losses same as a turbo.

Really need to find a company that does these conversions to get their advice???

HI,

that would be a Polo G40 you saw (as has been said).. M8 has one with a tweaked ecu, etc etc and it fucking flies for what it is...

and as for supercharging big motors how about this?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/218659/novalump.JPG

*drool*

Phil

Funkdocta
16-11-03, 10:12 AM
Cool, anyone know anyone who'll do the conversions - from the info you've given i'll prob go 4 da turbs but I still wanna enquire - there must be companies that do supercharger conversions????