PDA

View Full Version : Fox Racing Wheels, Will they scrape ?

Hodgeheg
14-11-03, 04:57 PM
I got some Fox Racing wheels 15/195/50 ,second hand, im sure they're 49, correct vauxhall offset and they've come of a nova. Im just wondering if they'l scrape on my 1.2, not lowered, standard bumpers arches. One of my friends sed that with his nova sri lowreed 25mm on front with rolled arches they scraped like hell.. and the front will be illegal because they stick out from the car ?

dunno if this is true ?

Mark
14-11-03, 05:26 PM
As long as they have an ET(offset) of 49 they will fit a treat!

Aragorn
14-11-03, 05:42 PM
mine are level with the front arches (if not a bit past em) cos its et38

if it was et49 this wouldnt happen

offset should be stamped on the back of the alloy - have a look

Neil.
15-11-03, 01:10 AM
Aragorn we dont care about you.

Yes they will fit fine!

peester
15-11-03, 07:44 AM
but fox don't do any alloys in et49. at best an et42-45. so i think unlowered you'll be ok. lower it and you'll need to grind those arches.

Hodgeheg
16-11-03, 09:47 PM
Looked on them, and they're an ET 42. I can see on the tyres theres a bit of Scrubbage. My mate still ses they'l absolutly scrape like hell, He had the same ones, but a year later. im not sure wot ET his were.

They aren't on the car yet, Poeple are telling me it's illegal to not carry a spare, but somone sed it's just illegal to carry an unroadworth spare, i.e bent or with an unfit trye. I checked my Profile %'s and my Fox racnig wheels are totally 18.9" big with tyres, and my Steel spare wheel are 17.64" with tyres. Therefor if i keep the spare i have, then is that illegal cos it won't fit on the car. ?

I just passed my test, so 6 points n i've lost my liscnece, plus i think iws got by a speed camera the other day ! argh !
[/img]

Hodgeheg
16-11-03, 09:47 PM
Looked on them, and they're an ET 42. I can see on the tyres theres a bit of Scrubbage. My mate still ses they'l absolutly scrape like hell, He had the same ones, but a year later. im not sure wot ET his were.

They aren't on the car yet, Poeple are telling me it's illegal to not carry a spare, but somone sed it's just illegal to carry an unroadworth spare, i.e bent or with an unfit trye. I checked my Profile %'s and my Fox racnig wheels are totally 18.9" big with tyres, and my Steel spare wheel are 17.64" with tyres. Therefor if i keep the spare i have, then is that illegal cos it won't fit on the car. ?

I just passed my test, so 6 points n i've lost my liscnece, plus i think iws got by a speed camera the other day ! argh !
[/img]

Aragorn
17-11-03, 12:04 AM
if they are 50 profiles then thats half the reason they are scrubbing

et42 is 7mm out from the original nova spec so u will probably need the arch lips rolled on the back

the fact the spare is smaller is fine as long as the tread is legal - a lot of cars come with space saver spares which are smaller than the main alloys and this is legal

on standard ride height they will only scrub on hitting big bumps or when carrying folk in the back

with a lowering kit it will scrub a lot more unless u get the arches rolled

dave.gsi
17-11-03, 12:13 AM
its not technically illegal to not have a spare, thats your choice. if you do carry one however it has to be road legal

peester
17-11-03, 12:24 AM
x2 cans of tyre weld mate. anyways my spare is a 12" sub. thats not far off 14" gsi rims.