PDA

View Full Version : started the valver at last.

benji
13-11-03, 08:17 PM
i've been weighing it up for ages, but i've just set the ball rolling for my 2.0L 16v conversion.

i phoned round about 10 breakers today and have found 3 complete set-up's still in the car and can be heard running, a astra gte with coscast head for ?400, and 2 cav gsi's for ?350. i also found 2 set-up's out the car for ?300.

i've orded a harry hockely strengthening kit. and i am going to get a mount set from the guy on mig who sells them

Suspension: i was thinking of using GAZ coilovers, are these any good because they seem very cheap for coilovers. i'm not sure what to use on the rear.

Gearbox: which box is best in a nova astra gte(f16 i think) or the f20 from a cav?

driveshafts: i'm thinking of using the GTE shafts with cav inners but should i get uprated one's?

exhaust: i am thing of a ashley 4-1 manifold, what does every one else do? can i use a standard manifol and down pipe?

cheers

ben.[/b]

geordie_racer
13-11-03, 09:13 PM
hmm where to start,

id go for the astra gte lump as iirc the coscat heads dont suffer from porous head issues

i wouldn't have bout a harry hockley kit really all the engine bay needs is stitch welding and be in reasonable condition but it cant hurt

engine mounts get from brian_s prob best to get in touch through his site, www.valvers.com also has a good guide for the conversion.

gearbox i would use the one with the engine in an astra gte iw ould think it'd be an f20

driveshafts use nova gte shafts(22 splines on inner end) with mk2 1.6 cav inner cv's think there from around f reg

exhaust you can use the gte manifold but the downpipe will need modding to meet your existing system really easy when you see what needs doing

think that answers everything no doubt ste will add something tho, any more q's or probs just ask
chris

AnThoNYnOvA
14-11-03, 12:30 AM
if your from newcastle i know a garage that will fir your valver nd fit the driveshafts and will weld it in for ?200,as i dont know fuck all about how to do this myself then this is a good price

if your from newcastle and want to contact this garage send me a pm.