PDA

View Full Version : 2.0l driveshafts

nova198
12-11-03, 11:09 PM
hi all i am new on here so dont know how many times this has been asked before but anyway, i am half way through a 2.0l 8 valve conversion and would like to know the best place to get driveshafts from or can i use different cvs on the end to make them fit? also what does everyone do with the engine mounts. any help would be greately appreciated

Dicko
13-11-03, 12:07 AM
been to any multi-storey carparks in john street recently?
raced any black nova sri's recenrly?

:twisted: :twisted:

Dicko
13-11-03, 12:08 AM
i think you use nova GTE shafts (22 internal splines) with cav 1.6 inner CV's.

im sure a 2L fan will reply soon :)

benji
13-11-03, 02:01 AM
www.valvers.com get a set of engine mounts from here

geordie_racer
13-11-03, 02:50 AM
as correctly stated, use nova gte drive shafts has to have 22 splines on the inner end. and get some mk2 f reg 1.6 cavalier inner cv's. as for the driveshafts if you need them get them from brian on valvers.com but id suggest mounting the engine on the current driveshafts as the 8 valves are very hit and miss about whether the shafts need changing, ive fitted a few to novas that have just gone straight in on the original mounts and others ive done havent

chris

Dicko
13-11-03, 07:48 AM
''but id suggest mounting the engine on the current driveshafts as the 8 valves are very hit and miss about whether the shafts ''

think he means current mounts!

geordie_racer
13-11-03, 04:02 PM
indeed i did dicko well spotted lol

chris

nova198
13-11-03, 04:57 PM
cheers guys that is a big help.no dicko not been racing u i know your car. seen it about loads of times. i drive a gold saxo at the mo with anthracite wheels on do u know the one? i get around fes abit.

nova198
13-11-03, 05:32 PM
so geordi racer r u saying that i will not have to do anything with my engine mounts? or maybe not.

geordie_racer
13-11-03, 05:45 PM
id sayget the mounts from brian anyway, then, try the engine on your current mounts that are in the engine bay and see if it fits, it might it might not it is strange why some of the 8 valvers need the mounts adjusting and others dont, if yours goes in fine then you can sell the mounts on for the same money you paid just explain why you didnt use them, if it doesnt fit then just take the engine back out and put the new mounts in. this only concerns the 2 litre 8v engine not the 2 litre 16v

chris

nova198
13-11-03, 06:04 PM
cheers mate

Ste_Nova
14-11-03, 10:25 AM
how could you not need to sort the mounts???? the 2.0 8v block is the same as the 16v block

geordie_racer
14-11-03, 02:30 PM
i no ste its just one of those strange things ive found some 2 litre 8v engines dont need the mounts changing but its totally random

chris

Ste_Nova
14-11-03, 03:31 PM
i no ste its just one of those strange things ive found some 2 litre 8v engines dont need the mounts changing but its totally random

chris

err no... got any proof?

rally_slag
14-11-03, 04:56 PM
You aint got a clue about wagons mate, u need to use F20 to make it go for some. Dont stick with your crappy F10. And use Hybrid turbo mounts that should hold it. Jus bodge em on, couple of bolts to hold each bracket in, thats how i would do it, den chuck the lump on the engine mounts innit.

Clue about wagons.

nova198
14-11-03, 04:59 PM
so ste how much do u have to change the mounts then.

geordie_racer
14-11-03, 05:37 PM
havent got any pics ste, but mike oxford has also had this work before so he can vouch for it being true,

rally slag what are you on about? of course he cant use an f10 its a small block gearbox and no1 suggested he should

why use hybrid turbo mounts there way over the top, just use the mounts brian_s provides via valvers.com there more than good enough for the job,

and nova198 using brians mounts you just basically bolt them on in place of your old ones and thats it

chris

rally_slag
14-11-03, 05:51 PM
Use the G5 mounts. Dese r da name off da ones of a hybrid, pick up a set for about score fives innit.

Dats how to sort it.

Clue about engine mounts mate, u shud be using capable ones, not weefs.

geordie_racer
14-11-03, 06:02 PM
brians mounts are more than capable thats why mosts peeps off the forums are running them at the minute and at ?40 there well worth it

chris

rally_slag
14-11-03, 06:30 PM
how? what do you mean? where can u get these from? why should i use these then? With what are they made?

beatin u
14-11-03, 06:35 PM
init?? ffs :lol:

geordie_racer
14-11-03, 06:36 PM
go to www.valvers.com look around the 2 litre section there will be something there about his mounts there, made up to the same specs as other mounts for this job and i havent heard one complaint about them from all the people who have bought them

chris

nova198
14-11-03, 10:57 PM
so i only really need the off side mount do i then geordi. or do u recomend them all.

geordie_racer
15-11-03, 01:17 AM
just go to valvers.com click on the email link for brian at the bottom of the page and ak brian for a set of his 2 litre nova mounts, he wiil give u an addy for payment then send you the mounts done. if you need mounts yu'll need the drivers side engine mount and gearbox mount both of whihc brian supplies at ?40 for the pair

chris

Ste_Nova
15-11-03, 11:01 AM
havent got any pics ste, but mike oxford has also had this work before so he can vouch for it being true,

get him in here then... if there is an off the shelf way of mounting big block engines then we should know about it

geordie_racer
15-11-03, 04:36 PM
will get mike in here hwen i can catch him it seems he's working lates at the minute. ive never seen this work with the 16v engine just with a few 8v's and it is very hit n miss as the engines have all come from diff vauxhalls, the engine doesnt sit totally flat its slightly raised on the drivers side but it runs fine and the bonnet closes fine

chris