PDA

View Full Version : snoopers

pickle
12-11-03, 03:35 PM
i as jus wondring, i've heard they "run out", kow whati mean? i've heard they fuck up after about 2-3 years because the technology needs to be updated! is this the case with the ?300 snoopers too?

linzTDI
12-11-03, 04:05 PM
WTF?????

Stuart
12-11-03, 04:23 PM
as the police uprade their cash income traps the older "dectectors" (or in me dads case, tell you as your going past it sensor) wont be able to see the more moden ones.

there are a few that operate using GPS and have an idea where the cameras are each day (the police have to publish the locations of the portable ones every day.

so there you have it

Phil_G
12-11-03, 10:09 PM
HI,

prblem is with those GPS ones camb, the commonly available models have to be updated with the locations of new cameras so you could update the unit database, then the next day they add some more locations and you go a month with out that location on your unit.

that said they can be programmed with custom locations so keep an eye out for the locations in your local press then preset them yourself is the best way.

Phil

?Marty?
12-11-03, 10:55 PM
Or get a DIFFUSER, rather than a detector.

Tho, best thing to do is drive at the speed limit anyway. Save the racing for the track.

AnThoNYnOvA
12-11-03, 11:09 PM
snoopers usually go off at the trafic lights or is that just mine